Need 'Bear' deck advice, please, anyone...

tarotlyn

:):heart:... I am hoping that someone here can tell me 'which' tarot deck has a LOT of 'bears' in it?

My neighbor loves bears, and I want to give her a nice tarot deck (for xmas) with bears in it.

I can't recall any deck that has this primary theme. I did look through AT's listings for animal decks,
but didn't see anything with just bears?...if it even exists?

If you know of a tarot deck like this, or even one with a perdominance of bears in it, please let me know :heart:

:heart: tarotlyn

nisaba

<grin> An unexpected topic for this forum!

Click here for a listing of Bear Tarots. But I'm pretty sure that, as a female, your friend won't be all that interested in one of them!

firecatpickles

The most readily availble would be the The Gummybear Tarot. I think it comes in a mini size too. The mini is very cute! I used to own it and traded it or sold it at one point:

http://www.tarotgarden.com/database/images/g-decks/gummybearenglishcards.gif

ETA: With nisaba: not the first thing I thought of when I read the title, either; but the Brotherhood Tarot would absolutely not be appropriate for a "her" neighbor!
lol

tarotlyn

<grin> An unexpected topic for this forum!

Click here for a listing of Bear Tarots. But I'm pretty sure that, as a female, your friend won't be all that interested in one of them!

:heart::) nisaba, I am assuming that I was to do a search for 'bears' on the tarotgarden.com database...right?

...and you are right, my neighbor, being a straight woman, would not be interested in the only
'bear tarot deck' I found there because it was the 'gay bear tarot'...with no real 'animal' bears.

I am (seriously) looking for an 'animal spirits' type of deck, with predominately 'bears' in it.

We have tons of cats, dogs, etc. decks, but no 'just bears' decks :bugeyed:
I guess it is not that common for a great percentage of tarot people to be in love with bears :( Oh well...

:heart: nisaba, thanks for the thought anyway.
tarotlyn

tarotlyn

The most readily availble would be the The Gummybear Tarot. I think it comes in a mini size too. The mini is very cute! I used to own it and traded it or sold it at one point:

http://www.tarotgarden.com/database/images/g-decks/gummybearenglishcards.gif

ETA: With nisaba: not the first thing I thought of when I read the title, either; but the Brotherhood Tarot would absolutely not be appropriate for a "her" neighbor!
lol

:heart::) Thank you Fire Cat, I had forgot about the Gummybear tarot...that would be a good
second gift for her. I am not sure what she would think about it though, because she is such
a serious person. Maybe she needs to lighten up and this might do the trick! :)

I am still looking for a deck with some realistic bears in it...if anyone knows of one?

:heart:tarotlyn

nisaba

The URL I put in the above message led you to the Gummy Bears and more bear-like Tarots.

The Bearot and the Teddy Tarot were both there as well as the Aubrey BEARdsley Tarot (interesting, but not what you wanted).

WolfSpirit

Does it have to be tarot ?
There are oracle decks that have bears in them, but I do not know of any decks that have exclusively, or even predominantly, bears.
The Wolf Song cards has a card for the black bear, brown bear, grizzly and another one.
Animal Messages by Susan Green has a bear in it.
I think the Pathfinders Oracle also has bears in it but it may be that is no longer available, I got mine years ago.

tarotbear

Gay Bears need Tarot, too!

:heart::)

...and you are right, my neighbor, being a straight woman, would not be interested in the only
'bear tarot deck' I found there because it was the 'gay bear tarot'...with no real 'animal' bears.
tarotlyn

There's a Gay Bear Tarot Deck? WHERE????? I WANT IT!!!! LOL!!!!!