Residential Aged Care

nisaba

Hooray! Booked a Tarot event! An aged care centre in a nearby city is having a fund-raising fete in November, and a few of the residents wanted a reader as one of the stalls. The manager found my name and number (note to self: find out where!), and we have talked.

I do this for money, but I'm not adverse to Being Good, occasionally. Most of the residents are on very limited incomes, so I'll have a donation jar for whatever they think they can afford. As to blow-ins who are on a wage, I'll charge my usual fee, but give 50% of it to the centre. I'll come away at the end of the day poor (for the number of readings) but very happy.

Oh, and bargain! They're at a distance, and are happy to organise my transport for me!

After two phone calls and an email, it's confirmed as a Definite in both our books. I'm happy to be helping out, they're happy to have me. Win-win.

(I wonder if I can talk them into giving me free accommodation when the time comes ...)

GryffinSong

Wonderful news!!! I hope you enjoy the day!!! :heart:

celticnoodle

nisaba how wonderful! you'll enjoy the day there, I am sure! I think it is also fantastic that you are giving 50% back to them. :)

nisaba

50% of regular customers PLUS everything the residents offer!

I was going to give them the whole day free of charge, and just hand out leaflets like mad. Occasionally I'm prone to being charitable - if you don't knock on my door or ring my telephone asking! It has to be down to me. In this case, she rang up asking what my daily rate would be, rather than assuming I'd do anything special for them. I think she was pleased <grin>.

karenquilter

Congratulations! I hope the gig goes well.
K

celticnoodle

I'm sure she was pleased, nisaba--that was a wonderful offer! I'd still pass out those flyers like mad and have a lot of cards available. You can also tell the seniors there that you are willing to give them follow up readings if they want for a discount price, (hey a little bit of money is better then none, eh?). it may work to really boost your clientelle list. I know if I heard of this at a relatives nursing home, I'd also give you my business, just because of your generosity if I were in your area. :)

I think you're also going to love this gig too! I'm sure you'll get a lot of good feedback as a result too. :) it will be a lot of fun for you. Enjoy.

Glitterbird

I did something like this once, and it was a blast, the nurses were beating a path to my tent, and the residents were lovely.
Best of luck I'm sure you'll have a great time.