BLACK TOURMALINE: keeps disappearing - why?

Labhraín

When a stone keeps disappearing and reappearing, does that indicate the stone is saying that you are not supposed to have the stone? I just read a great thread today called "The problem with carrying stones around" http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=138825, that addresses this topic.

I have a tiny piece of Black Tourmaline. The darn thing keeps disappearing, then it turns up again. Over and over. Right now, it is MIA.

I was considering buying a Black Tourmaline bracelet or pendant after the horrible night I had dealing with patrons at work last night :( - but now I am thinking, after having just come across the above thread only this morning, maybe I should not get Black Tourmaline.

Just for your additional info, here is a past thread I had posted about Black Tourmaline. I am including it here in case anyone wants to read more about it. http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=156444&page=2, and one on everyday strength and confidence that also covers Black Tourmaline. http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=142466 Thought it might help if all that was in one place for anyone to check out since it relates to the topic of this thread.

214red

maybe its simply asking you to deal with the issue in a different way, rather then rely on the crystal. or perhaps look at the root cause not the symptoms?

Labhraín

maybe its simply asking you to deal with the issue in a different way, rather then rely on the crystal. or perhaps look at the root cause not the symptoms?

Perhaps. However, this disappearing act has been going on for a while, and I have not been actively looking for a black tourmaline piece to have at work, the stone has just been doing this - so I have not been trying to rely on it really. I keep it at home for use near my computer - when I can find it, and right now I'm not sure where it is.

I need something I can wear at work. If the Black Tourmaline is something that likes to come and go, maybe it's saying it's not something for me to rely steadily on, and I should be looking at other dark stones. Every time it goes missing, it truly is very annoying.

214red

Perhaps. However, this disappearing act has been going on for a while, and I have not been actively looking for a black tourmaline piece to have at work, the stone has just been doing this - so I have not been trying to rely on it really. I keep it at home for use near my computer - when I can find it, and right now I'm not sure where it is.

I need something I can wear at work. If the Black Tourmaline is something that likes to come and go, maybe it's saying it's not something for me to rely steadily on, and I should be looking at other dark stones. Every time it goes missing, it truly is very annoying.
i am not saying its a stone you have to have daily, i am saying that you look for it when needed, what if you didnt reach for any crystal but dealt with the issue in a different way.

so perhaps what i am really saying is, why do you need it at work? if you need it, perhaps you need to work on a way to replicate what the stone doesnt without needing the stone as an easy solution.

for example, i used to have a grounding stone, it was given to me to learn how to ground myself but also to instantly ground, but this took time and in the meantime i had this stone. Once i learnt to ground quickly and easily alone, i didnt need the stone to help, i became more aware and therefore didnt need a quick fix

Labhraín

i am not saying its a stone you have to have daily, i am saying that you look for it when needed, what if you didnt reach for any crystal but dealt with the issue in a different way.

so perhaps what i am really saying is, why do you need it at work? if you need it, perhaps you need to work on a way to replicate what the stone doesnt without needing the stone as an easy solution.

for example, i used to have a grounding stone, it was given to me to learn how to ground myself but also to instantly ground, but this took time and in the meantime i had this stone. Once i learnt to ground quickly and easily alone, i didnt need the stone to help, i became more aware and therefore didnt need a quick fix

I agree with you. I think that crystals and stones are meant to be a help, not do all the work. They are there to teach us to develop necessary skills and be there as needed, but as a backup to our own abilities.

I sometimes get caught off-guard by negative people and I guess I am looking for a crystal that is helpful in shielding and protection from negativity, stress, tension, and just plain too much energy, that sort of thing, so that I can keep my wits about me, basically and maintain control of any situation that is thrown at me.

The reason why I thought of the Black Tourmaline today in the first place is because last night at work, I had to deal with someone who was so negative and so high energy, I just had to walk away. I did not know this person had some issues until I was in over my head and I had to ask for help. It's that type of situation that I mean. Not exactly fun.

I think the reason why the piece of Black Tourmaline that I have keeps disappearing is just the nature of this piece. It just has that type of energy. However, I do understand what you mean in regards to using a crystal sort of like "training-wheels" to develop necessary skills so that we can handle things on our own. After that, they are helpful as a reminder, in case we forget.

214red

I sometimes get caught off-guard by negative people and I guess I am looking for a crystal that is helpful in shielding and protection from negativity, stress, tension, and just plain too much energy, that sort of thing, so that I can keep my wits about me, basically and maintain control of any situation that is thrown at me.

what i would say to this is that you should be able to do this yourself instantly, and if something is getting through your proection then perhaps its something trying to get your attention and to work on it.i would suggest that the crystal moving around when you need it and the fact your need it for assistance is telling you that you need to look at your own protection and investigate the situation...what do you need to know about the situation, what do you need to learn from

Labhraín

what i would say to this is that you should be able to do this yourself instantly, and if something is getting through your proection then perhaps its something trying to get your attention and to work on it.i would suggest that the crystal moving around when you need it and the fact your need it for assistance is telling you that you need to look at your own protection and investigate the situation...what do you need to know about the situation, what do you need to learn from

Perhaps that is the case. I do know it's something I need to work on, and I am, every time I have to help someone. The odd thing is the stone disappears when I don't need it and aren't looking for it. Usually it's around. Come to think of it, it also could be a much more simple and realistic reason: the place where I keep it near my computer frequently gets cluttered, so it's probably just lost in the mess and not being able to find it is it telling me it's time to clean up! :) I'm going to clean and de-clutter today and I bet it will turn up. I think maybe I've just over-thought this and that's it. So simple I have to complicate it in order to find a solution. Ah well, thanks for your help 214red! ;)