PDA

View Full Version : Ludy Lescot - Hanged Man XII

Aerin
18-09-2011, 00:12
He looks asleep on the skulls and I can't make my mind up if she has lowered him and is untying him, or is tying him up about to hoist him skyward. There's a hole - an escape hole? - in the back wall.

Quite an appealing looking man IMO, younger than the Hermit. Perhaps he could be "man on horse" in the Lovers. This card does seem to be suspended between events.

Hemera
18-09-2011, 01:15
This card is quite puzzling and I think there are probably many possible interpretations. He looks good and there is an erotic vibe here,too. He looks like he is asleep, yes. Drugged perhaps?

Picture from Alidastore webpage.

MaineGirl117
14-02-2012, 05:48
I found this description while browsing around the internet. It's a description of the Astrological 12th House and the whole phrasing of "looking upward and outward" brought me right back to the LWB interpretation here.

Memory is like a cemetary of illusions. No matter where you turn your head, look upward and forward!

. The Twelfth House: The twelfth house is where consciousness dawns - the house of the rising Sun. This is the indeterminate state - the chaos before the new impulse - where all is yet unfulfilled potentialities. Traditionally this is the house of 'sacrifice', and is often connected with prisons, betrayal and self-undoing. Although we can choose to become trapped and frustrated by the many obstructions to attaining our dreams, we can also choose to reach outward and upward to a more fulfilled state, transcending the usual down-dragging conditions and rising above difficulties - thus establishing a life nearer our ideal. Here in the twelfth house we have the capacity to attain liberation by using our visionary scope and working creatively with life's intangibles - the power of imagination! via ChaosAstrology

Could this be the one who dies - Patrick? - in Death, and who appears as a ghost in the background of the Temperance card??

Ha! Furthermore, could he represent 'EGO"??

Just a thought I'll throw out there - what if this is a story about a man finding his feminine side and Ludy Lescot is his 'unconscious' self? Hmm.. I'll have to think about that some more, not sure here but thought I'd share. Ideas?

Hemera
14-02-2012, 16:10
I found this description while browsing around the internet. It's a description of the Astrological 12th House and the whole phrasing of "looking upward and outward" brought me right back to the LWB interpretation here. Oh Iīm amazed that you get so much out of the LWB. I have been thinking itīs quite useless and you keep finding all these connections! :P

Just a thought I'll throw out there - what if this is a story about a man finding his feminine side and Ludy Lescot is his 'unconscious' self? Hmm.. I'll have to think about that some more, not sure here but thought I'd share. Ideas?Could be.. I have been seeing it as the story of Ludy and how she connects with her Animus/inner masculine. I think thereīs room for all kinds of interpretations in this deck!

MaineGirl117
14-02-2012, 20:42
Ya! I suppose it would all depend on the reader and which gender they're missing internally if you're going from that perspective.

It's interesting how the LWB becomes applicable as a meditative tool. It's amazing on which words stick with me in different instances and become directions towards interpretting the cards. Dunno :) Give it a whirl...