What distracts you the most?

KMilliron

Screaming kids? No problem. Loud music with thumping bass? Turn it up. Trying to read while a housemate is listening to sports commentary? Somehow I can't do it. It's weird. Play something I like and I can ignore. Play something I can't stand and suddenly my whole train of thought is derailed. Oh, and when people see me reading cards they no to let their inquiries wait, but this same housemate insist on holding conversation with me. Really, dude. Really?

What do you find most distracting?

GryffinSong

Anything with words distracts me. TV on, people talking, singing, whatever. When I'm at home I turn my TV to "Soundscapes." A sort of new-agey music channel. It's not music I would normally listen to, necessarily, but it's soft, unobtrusive, and puts me in the mood to do things that require any intuition or introspection.

KMilliron

Anything with words distracts me. TV on, people talking, singing, whatever. When I'm at home I turn my TV to "Soundscapes." A sort of new-agey music channel. It's not music I would normally listen to, necessarily, but it's soft, unobtrusive, and puts me in the mood to do things that require any intuition or introspection.

I don't think I could put on music as white noise. I just get to into music. Now if someone else turned the music on, I probably wouldn't notice.

Vedbeach

It's difficult enough trying to get all the chattering to shush from inside your own head so I can see how other people talking is a big distraction.

There was a relaxing chillout radio station on itunes that I used to listen to but every now and again it would stop the music and play a little advert for the station. Quite distracting though the radio stations are good because you find new music rather than just playing the same things from a CD.

Annabelle

I can tune out the TV, no problem.

But when my darling significant other starts practicing the banjo or uke or guitar or fiddle or one of his many other instruments, I utterly CANNOT do a reading. Distracts the heck out of me.

Bhavana

I don't like noise in general..human made noise, anyway. It can be tough, especially when studying or sleeping. But yeah, I am the same as you - can't focus or concentrate.

Grizabella

I've raised six kids. Nothing bothers me! :p

gregory

People who actually try and TALK TO ME ! It's so RUDE, too. But in my case - the trouble is that when I ignore them, they assume it's my deafness kicking in (I mean - like - I couldn't just NOT WANT TO TALK, right ?) and TALK LOUDER... :(

Asbestos Mango

A messy room.

Really, when I read for myself at home, I have to clean up my room first. Just knowing that my bed is sitting unmade behind me will distract me.

Oh, and my parrot, peeping for attention and climbing down my arm to get at my pencil. Drives me nuts, but I still read with the damn bird on my shoulder.