Not quite tarot.... Bach Flower remedies

clarity888

Has anyone ever used the Bach Flower Remidies?

nisaba

Not quite Tarot? <laughter> That's not Tarot at all!

In answer to your question: yes.

AJ

you mean the oracle?
no, but I've tried the remedy itself for insomnia. 99% scotch whiskey I think, much cheaper out of my own jug. Can't believe they recommend them for children.

Welcome to AT!

nisaba

you mean the oracle?
Didn't know there was one.

On the Tarot deck I started designing (but had illustrator problems), I had remedies as subtitles on the Majors.

no, but I've tried the remedy itself for insomnia.
Which one? There are Bach Flower Remedies for anxiety, anger, over-thinking things, tension etc, all of which may or may not help insomnia, depending on *why* you stay awake. I can't think of one that's just for insomnia.

99% scotch whiskey I think, much cheaper out of my own jug. Can't believe they recommend them for children.
A measured, very very small amount of the mother-essense is diluted down with a massive amount of distilled water. A small amount of very good quality brandy (traditional) or medical alcohol (modern) is added to the water to keep it from stagnating. From that mix, most therapists will tell you to take a few drops under the tongue or in water. I hardly think this will produce a generation of alcoholics! <laughter>

Melia

Has anyone ever used the Bach Flower Remidies?

Yes I have the cards .... and the flower remedies (which work, and which can also be dispensed to children without any problems).

The cards are best used to help dispense/choose a flower essence remedy (although this is not how most practitioners dispense these remedies). The cards are rather large and don't have rounded corners, so if you don't have large hands like me, they could be hard to handle. The images are not particularly inviting, I don't think, but my purpose for getting them is that I use Bach flower remedies.

Haizea

I haven't used the remedies, but I have the cards!

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=70395&highlight=bach

Same with me. But I don't know if we have the same cards, because I read you in the other thread that the messages are negative, and I don't see them as that. I like the messages very much.

I picked one randomly:

36 Wild Oat
Find your direction by clarifying your lifetime objectives. Understanding what makes your actions worthwhile, you can be honest and sincere with yourself and with the world.

Is it the same one you have, rachelcat?

NikkiB

I dont have the cards but I am a bach flower practitioner, i'd be interested what people think of the cards tho..

rachelcat

Oh yes, that sounds like the deck I have. I'll have to dig it out from the bottom of the deck pile! Those affirmations are very good and positive.

I meant that coming up with more general Bach flower-related meanings could be negative. I've come up with some positive and negative keywords for each flower. But I haven't tried them for serious readings yet. Because they are so black and white, I think they will have to be read with positive and negative positions. (Reversals won't work because of those darn landscape cards!)