Help! Tanga Talle cards??!?!?!

suzyspellbound

A friends relative recently had a reading done for him and he is adament that the deck used for divination was not a tarot deck- he couldn't remeber the name so this might be pheonetic or completely wrong!?

But if anyone knows of any deck that sounds like it may have been the cards in question please post here- as I am curious as to the origin of these cards!

Thank you so much!

P.s

he claimed they had 73-78 cards in the deck sounds pretty close to a tarot deck if so it must be a derivation perhaps??

Logiatrix

Maybe...

...it is the Tarot Gitans? The Italian title for this deck is "i Tarrocchi Giitani," or something (hopefully) close to that. It's a rather attractive and colorful "gypsy-themed" deck. It IS a tarot deck, but if your friend's relative didn't hear the word "tarot" in the Italian title, and/or he didn't see the more generically recognizable RWS cards when he got his reading, he might not have considered it to be a "real" tarot deck.
Or perhaps the search continues...
;)
PLEASE tell us if you find the answer!

Diana

Can he not describe some of the cards? That may give someone an indication of what it could be.

suzyspellbound

Thank You

Thank you both for your help, yes I definately will try and track this deck down even if it means I have to make a visit and get a reading done for myself! I am a novice to Tarot but I got an impression that a large percentage of published decks today are derivived from or a version of either the RW or the Thoth? Then there are oracle decks which I know even less of! I will try to find out more to follow this up!

Thanks Diana that's a very good idea! I should of thought of that!

zorya

i could find nothing that sounded anything like this on google or at tarotgarden.

to add to what diana said, describing the backs may be helpful as well.