Celtic Shaman's Pack

Penthasilia

This is a fabulous deck for all oracle and tarot lovers. For anyone familiar with the Greenwood tarot- the same artist, Chelsea Potter, did the illustrations for this deck. It is fabulous, especially for the price.

Check out the cards on Aeclectic http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/celtic-shaman/

It reads really well- as well as my Greenwood (which is my favorite deck). I was caught up in the moment and bought John Matthew's Shaman Oracle (the new one with pre-historic art) and it was not even close to as good as this one.

I figured I would open the thread since I didn't see any others about this fabulous deck- all thoughts are welcome!

Flaxen

I love this deck too. I think Chesca's art is wonderfully visionary - it really makes me wish I could afford a Greenwood. :)

I don't use it for divination though - I use it for meditation and journeying.

Debra

That's right. I have the Celtic Shaman's Pack and the Celtic Oracle too. I think they're both beautiful. Haven't the slightest inclination to use them for divination, though.

Penthasilia

Using the Celtic Shaman's pack deck

I love the images for meditation as well- but there is an excellent spread in the book where you take one of the 2 personal cards to create a "journey" and then pull from the selected categories to find your allies in your path- this is an incredible way to use the deck and one I highly recommend trying.

Yes- the Greenwood is worth every penny that it gets. Potter's work is exceptional and the readings are very insightful and true to form. These are truly my two favorite decks and the ones that I use all the time.

I loved the look of the Shaman's oracle deck- but it didn't resonate well with me, nor did it read well, which is probably why I don't use it :)