The Encyclopedia of Crystals or The Crystal Bible

Minotauro

ok so Im a little bit confused here @_@ they're both by judy hall but I have no idea what's the diferences ebtween them? wich one is better?

I also found out there is a crystal bible TWO! D: c'mon what is that about? is it like the new testament? >_> does it have new stuff? or is it the same but with extras? is it a set? do I have to buy them both?

:OS

Hemera

Yes, I have been wondering about the Crystal Bible number two as well. I only have number one and I like it a lot. But what is that number two about?

PathWalker

I have a copy of a book by her called "New Crystals and healing stones" - a guide to 150 recently available blah blah... 2006

I guess this may have morphed into Crystal Bible Two?

I still think the Melody book 'Love is in the Earth' (there's an updated version, 1995)
is a better book, just doesn't have pictures in the standard version. Sometimes Judy Hall seems to have written very similar words to Melody, just years later.

Minotauro

I have a copy of a book by her called "New Crystals and healing stones" - a guide to 150 recently available blah blah... 2006

I guess this may have morphed into Crystal Bible Two?

I still think the Melody book 'Love is in the Earth' (there's an updated version, 1995)
is a better book, just doesn't have pictures in the standard version. Sometimes Judy Hall seems to have written very similar words to Melody, just years later.

hmmm well... I reeeeeaaaaly need the pictures XD

and she has tons of books about crystals!

first I need one to be able to identify them properly because the kids that work at the shop I go to always have the containers labels mixed up! X( there was what seemed to be blue agate tumblestones labeled as red jasper , HA!) ,and some of its abilities I'm mostly searching for a book wioth the most meanings to turn them into divination meanings.

and after a quick search. she has 145 books in total , with astrology and divination fiction etc. but her site doesnt mention the crystal bible number 2 yet , it seems it hasnt been updated in a while

oh and Im not really searching for the crystals healing properties , I might be old fashioned but Im ok with the drugs the doctors give me :C so if one of those books mentioned are specificaly about that please let me know.

SilverCloudedWolf

I've got the crystal bible 1 and 2, and also new crystals and healing stones. Crystal bible 2 is just the new crystals... re-written and formatted to the same style as the crystal bible - it contains the same stones plus about 50 others. I don't have the encyclopedia but I have looked through it in waterstones alongside the bibles and it seems to be both books combined into one volume. If you've already got the crystal bible one I'd get volume 2 rather than the encyclopedia which is rather heavy in it's hardback edition - I'm not sure if it's in paperback - and if I remember correctly didn't have any new pictures for the stones in the original bible.

Minotauro - have you looked at Cassandra Eason's the illustrated directory of healing crystals? Eason included divination meanings alongside healing properties for the crystals in this book.

Hope this helps!
Silver

Minotauro

thank you very much! I knew somebody here would know n_n ok so hmmm now I have to choose D: haha well as long as they're both good books it doesnt matter I guess , I might order the one with the divination meanings hmm I dont know I kinda wantd to make my lown system.. hmmmm

Bhavana

I think the Encyclopedia looked like it not only had more stones (at least more than Bible 1) but also goes more into depth/detail. After looking at the two, I decided that I would rather have the encyclopedia - then decided that I already had enuff crystal books, and the whole web to supplement if I could not find something - so I bought neither. Not to say I won't in the future, but one has all kinds of justifications they can make when they don't have a lot of extra money to spend!

graspee

I don't know if my Crystal Bible 2 is somehow a different edition to yours, SilverCloudedWolf, but mine definitely doesn't have any of the stones from volume 1 in- it's all new stones. It does say "200 additional stones" on the back but that's sloppy wording, since it doesn't have the volume 1 stones in. Sometimes it has kind of the same stones in, as in the original has "Jade" and the new volume has "Lemurian Jade". On the whole the stones in volume 2 are the more obscure ones and if you were only getting one of them you would be best advised to get volume one.
Personally I prefer "The Essential Crystal Handbook" by Simon and Sue Lilly; It has a great mix of actual science about crystals and their supposed properties.

Minotauro

well I dont need to know much about super rare crystals ,I want it mostly for identification purposes and to know the divinatory meanings of each one if it is posible , but identification is the main part as I know I can get many uses for it online XD hahaha although the others mentioned a book wich contains some divinatory meanings of the gems too. so that one has my attention haha

SilverCloudedWolf

Sorry if my first post didn't make much sense I'll try again.

Judy Hall, after the crystal bible was published wrote a book called "new crystals and healing stones" which covers stones not in the crystal bible. Then the entries in "new crystals and healing stones" were re-formatted and entries for some more stones were added and this book was published as the "crystal bible volume 2". Then the two volumes of the crystal bible were combined to make the encyclopedia. I can't remember if the information has been expanded upon in the encyclopedia but I do remember that the pictures were the same ones from both of the bibles.

When I was considering buying the encyclopedia I chose not to because I already had both of the crystal bibles and felt that having the encyclopedia as well would be pointless because it didn't seem to have anything new.