99 names of God deck

Ashtaroot

I just received the 99 Names of God deck LoScarabeo
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN=0738731099/ref=nosim/aeclectic/

It is really beautifully done with the new flip box and small size cards.
I am really enjoying it. The book doesn't have a lot but what it does have is very interesting so I guess it's just right!..obviously it also have the meaning of the 99 cards:)

The book suggests meditating on the cards... I haven't done that yet. I am using them as an oracle now and I'm impressed...

I am going to try them with clients next...

Good job LoScarabeo :thumbsup: yet again :)

BodhiSeed

Ashtaroot, thank you so much for letting us know about this deck!:heart: I love to read the Sufi mystics, and I am familiar with the wazifa practice of using the names in meditation. If you have time, could you give a short description of one of the name's meanings from the book? I am curious how they apply the meanings and how you use it as an oracle.:)

Ashtaroot

Ashtaroot, thank you so much for letting us know about this deck!:heart: I love to read the Sufi mystics, and I am familiar with the wazifa practice of using the names in meditation. If you have time, could you give a short description of one of the name's meanings from the book? I am curious how they apply the meanings and how you use it as an oracle.:)

Ok so this is a reading I did. The cards and the meanings from the book...
5 years ago I went blind ..after ER and many days at the hospital with very invasive procedures ..have been declared legally blind..somehow miraculously i got my sight again..now with a lot of stress ...started having problems with my sight again and opted not to go to ER.

So I pulled 3 cards about the issue with my eyes
I got
Al-Basir= the All Seeing: He who sees all. He for whom nothing is secret.
Al-Akhir= the Last: He is the last. There is nothing after Him. He to whom all return at the end of time.
Al-Salam= the Source of Peace: he who protects creatures from every injustice. The Keeper of piece and the Source of piece.

So I understood that my sight will be back to normal.( The first card talks about "sight" the second "return" the last "peace".) a total sync..

Today after one week of seeing through a haze..I woke up and my right eye is back to normal, the left is not yet but getting there.

The book also includes a meditation technique.

I am combining it with my other decks. I would pull one or 2 cards with tarot or Lenormand, it adds a bit more dimension to the reading...pretty cool

Pulling one card for you Bodhiseed :)
Ar-Rashid = The Guide to the Right Path: He who orients our path. he who guides us on the right path.

I am enjoying this deck, it is unusual.

BodhiSeed

Ashtaroot, I'm so glad that your eyesight is getting better - what an amazing reading that you did with this deck!
Pulling one card for you Bodhiseed :)
Ar-Rashid = The Guide to the Right Path: He who orients our path. he who guides us on the right path.
This so strange... I woke up this morning wondering and questioning the spiritual path I've been on (studying Kabbalah quite intensely), and then I pop in here to see your post and the card you drew for me : The Guide to the Right Path!:bugeyed:
I am SO getting this deck!:D
(((Ashtaroot:heart:)))

Ashtaroot

Ashtaroot, I'm so glad that your eyesight is getting better - what an amazing reading that you did with this deck!

This so strange... I woke up this morning wondering and questioning the spiritual path I've been on (studying Kabbalah quite intensely), and then I pop in here to see your post and the card you drew for me : The Guide to the Right Path!:bugeyed:
I am SO getting this deck!:D
(((Ashtaroot:heart:)))

I am so glad:heart: :heart:

I think you can mix the two, you know at one point in history in old Andalusia all the great thinkers of all religions Suffi,Kabbalah and other mystics used to work together without the limits of religions...and in each of their own religions they were called heretics...cause they were all working together putting all the pieces to see the whole... Unfortunatly the fundamental limited thinking won, dividing and putting hate and fear...

Minotauro

this seems interesting , I only wish the cards were ilustrated , sigh U.u
it would have been my first oracle deck.

BodhiSeed

For those who get this deck, here is a website that could be used as an added resource:
http://wahiduddin.net/words/wazifa.htm

Minotauro, the lack of illustrations probably have something to do with not wanting to label or "package" the Creator. As humans we can experience the Divine but putting an image on It is beyond the realm of possibilities.:)