anyone store their decks with herbs?

greatdane

I don't have a big collection and keep in a canvas bags that has a waxy lining. Works well. I put dried rosemary in the bag. It doesn't touch the decks themselves, they're all in Dark Nature Cases, but I like the smell and it's supposed to be protective and help keep away negative energy. But I like that bit of nature in with my decks and the smell, so anything else it does is a bonus!

Chiriku

I don't have a big collection and keep in a canvas bags that has a waxy lining. Works well. I put dried rosemary in the bag. It doesn't touch the decks themselves, they're all in Dark Nature Cases, but I like the smell and it's supposed to be protective and help keep away negative energy. But I like that bit of nature in with my decks and the smell, so anything else it does is a bonus!

Wonderful idea, gd.

Rosemary is such an appealing scent to me, I once made cologne out of it and some vodka.

But ii only use fresh rosemary. Would that impart enough scent to semi permanently scent a deck?
Candle wax from high quality scented candles does, and that is my current method of scented storage.

greatdane

Hi Chiriku

I have a HUGE rosemary bush out by my mailbox so I can just grab a couple sprigs whenever I like, so it's fresh, although it does dry out fast. It holds the scent for some time, but whenever I need fresher rosemary, I just go get some!

avalonian

I keep a little organza bag of dried lavender and rosebuds in with decks when I put them into bags. Smells wonderful when you open the bag.
:) :) :)

greatdane

sounds enchanting Avalonian!

The more senses one can involve, the better in my book! OOH and I love the mix you use.

prudence

That sounds very Hoodoo, GD! Nice.

I have thought about using herbs that act as aids to our intuition, as well as some that might draw attention from potential "clients". PS basil also keeps away bad energy.

greatdane

Good to know re the basil, Prudence

I admit I took the easy route. There are big bushes of rosemary growing by mailboxes here and it's so easy to just grab a bit! I would eventually like to do some little herb gardens. I'm not very good at growing things. I killed a cactus. Do you know how hard that is?

But I'm going to give it a shot. For now, I have my trusty rosemary bushes!

Pandora MoonRaven

With the decks I use for clients which is a fair amount I have dried lavendar, sage and some clove in the bags with the decks. Some no clove. However always the lavendar and sage. I love the smell but it also cleanses the decks while they are in their trunks snoozin. HAHA

Grizabella

I admit I took the easy route. There are big bushes of rosemary growing by mailboxes here and it's so easy to just grab a bit! I would eventually like to do some little herb gardens. I'm not very good at growing things. I killed a cactus. Do you know how hard that is?

But I'm going to give it a shot. For now, I have my trusty rosemary bushes!

Yeah, I know how hard it is. I've killed them, too. But I imagine it's even harder to do where you live, there in the desert. I could blame it on the fact that I live in Oregon, but you can't blame it on much of anything, can you? LOL

TarotWoman

This sounds a lovely idea and one which I think I'll borrow :)

Most of my decks smell on incense, which is rather nice, but I do like the idea of using dried herbs or flowers too.