Reading for others because you are curious

Adriana

How accurate do you think tarot cards are when you read for someone else, but it's just something you do yourself because you are curious? So they didn't ask for the reading lol

Grizabella

I don't count on accuracy because there's always the possibility of being wrong.

Do you mean readings like "I like this guy. What does he think of me?"

Adriana

Yeah, and for example asking how he is etc. Things that doesn't really have to do with you.

nisaba

How accurate do you think tarot cards are when you read for someone else, but it's just something you do yourself because you are curious?

It's easier and has similar moral values if you just hack their emails or look at the texts on their mobile phone. If you are going to look for stuff without asking them directly, you might as well go to the source, and just poke around in their stuff rather than worrying about whether you are interpreting the cards correctly *and* having exactly the same moral issues with it. I'd rather have only one thing to worry about, not two.

Keirquen

*snort* Now, now, nisaba... This is something probably everyone tries at some point.

Unfortunately, most of the time when you are asking something about another person, you're really invested in the answer, and so you'll spend a lot of time trying to convince yourself that it means what you want it to mean.

As a youngun' I spent a lot of time trying to tell myself that the 10 of Swords for a boyfriend must mean that we had a lot of chemistry.

That said, I'm a little bit better at interpreting the cards now, and considering some of the answers that I've gotten, I wouldn't feel comfortable asking something private about another without their permission. I do have permission in advance to read for my family and kiddos if they are: a)late b)missing c)suspiciously bleary-eyed or d)being really annoying. :angel:

EyeAmEye

To simply answer your question, I tend to believe the reading would be just as accurate as any other reading.

KMilliron

As a youngun' I spent a lot of time trying to tell myself that the 10 of Swords for a boyfriend must mean that we had a lot of chemistry.
Haha, classic. :D

I do have permission in advance to read for my family and kiddos if they are: a)late b)missing c)suspiciously bleary-eyed or d)being really annoying. :angel:

That's how I am. I believe readings will be just as accurate, though I don't have permission I still read on someone if there's something I'm worried about (or someone else, should someone ask out of concern)

Emily

I have read and do read, without their knowledge, for family that I am worried about. I have a strange family and am not keen on surprises so anything that gives me a heads-up is OK. I don't tell about these readings and I don't write them down, they stay with me.

Lokismile

I access the energy of other people regularly via remote readings. I've ascertained the collective essence of a location at times as well.

gregory

Yeah, and for example asking how he is etc. Things that doesn't really have to do with you.
Don't really have anything to do with you - exactly.

It's easier and has similar moral values if you just hack their emails or look at the texts on their mobile phone. If you are going to look for stuff without asking them directly, you might as well go to the source, and just poke around in their stuff rather than worrying about whether you are interpreting the cards correctly *and* having exactly the same moral issues with it. I'd rather have only one thing to worry about, not two.
Quite.
*snort* Now, now, nisaba... This is something probably everyone tries at some point.
Please speak for yourself. "Probably" doesn't quite make it OK - LOTS of people here do not do these third party readings, on the grounds of snooping. Are you OK with people reading about you without your knowledge or consent ?

That said, I'm a little bit better at interpreting the cards now, and considering some of the answers that I've gotten, I wouldn't feel comfortable asking something private about another without their permission. I do have permission in advance to read for my family and kiddos if they are: a)late b)missing c)suspiciously bleary-eyed or d)being really annoying. :angel:
Exactly - you've said it yourself ! Honestly - there are a lot of people here who will never have done this. Including nisaba.

Unless she did when she was a raw innocent. I'm lucky there; my first reading - WITH permission - was such a disaster that by the time I was ready to read again, the ethical side of it all had hit me big time ! I suppose for the hell of it I MIGHT read on some film star or something - but no-one I knew in any way.