protection ?

ming

i love crystals and stones and have a lot of them at home. I recently started workin a new building and its bad. My tarot cards went all wonky & I got really bad readings for everyone, I had to stop taking them in there. Anyway my question is which stones can I take in my pocket to protect--it may sound silly but I beleive in stones....and since I started work in there I've been quite ill. My daughter used tolive in a haunted house & I know the feelings of bad energy--this place has it in spades !

gonesavage

hrm..

black stones usually have protective properties, generally in an absorbing sort of way, so i would clear them periodically. citrine perhaps to transmute negative energy. quartz is an all-purpose kind of stone, all it needs is intention behind it.

i don't know of any guaranteed recipe, but recommend experimenting until you find one that helps for you. any stone is a tool for directing consciousness, some tools may be better than others but they're still tools. its the conscious use of the mind that will greatly enhance (and in some cases, create) the usefulness of the stone.

i hope that is helpful

gonesavage

wavebreaker

Black tourmaline helps protecting against negative energy.
I use it myself near my computer monitor, to protect me from the radiation of the monitor.

ming

OK

thank you..naturally, I HAVENT GOT ANY !! I'll get some though.

Minderwiz

Cunningham has a long list of gems and crystals for protection - Chrysoprase can be used as a general shield against negativity. But perhaps the simplest protection might be Salt (Yes Salt!). It has long been used in purification and cleansing rituals. You might try sprinking a little salt around the borders of your office/work area - providing that you can do it in a non-embarassing way LOL and try a cleasing prayer (to whomever or whatever you feel appropriate) and also carry some salt on your person.

january

Hi there, Ming!

I tend to agree with Minderwiz on the salt, which I use for protecting my home as well as cleansing my crytals and stones. I use coarse Kosher salt.

Maybe try taking a salt bath when you get home from work? toss a handful or two into the tub and while splashing the water about yourself, visualize the negativity being washed away from you. You can even burn some sage while doing so.

If I know that I'm going to be in a potentially vulnerable situation (and there's no time for a ritual bath), I'll step into my backyard before I leave and sprinkle a circle around me creating a "shield" of protection. I did this last weekend before I was about to spend the evening with some (very dear) friends who to like to gossip and offer unsolicited advice. That way I could enjoy their company and not be affected by their negative comments.

Good luck with clearing your work space... perhaps you can arrive a few moments early so you can salt your area before anyone notices ;)

ming

OK !

I like the sound of the salt bath.....that feels like a good idea. And if nothing else, I'll be clean (phyisically at least !). I work nights January---as an office cleaner, so I can do whatever I like, within reason. The building is empty apart from a security guard. ok thank you all for that. Mary.

rostie

i also heard of agate as a good protector...

Chronata

I have found that obsidian works great for me, as both a filter and blocker of negative energies.

Minderwiz

rostie said:
i also heard of agate as a good protector...

Cunningham lists Banded Agate as a protection against stressful situations so, that might be worth trying

- but most of the protection of Agates seems to be from physical, rather than psychic dangers.