PDA

View Full Version : protection ?

ming
07-08-2003, 05:22
i love crystals and stones and have a lot of them at home. I recently started workin a new building and its bad. My tarot cards went all wonky & I got really bad readings for everyone, I had to stop taking them in there. Anyway my question is which stones can I take in my pocket to protect--it may sound silly but I beleive in stones....and since I started work in there I've been quite ill. My daughter used tolive in a haunted house & I know the feelings of bad energy--this place has it in spades !

gonesavage
07-08-2003, 15:14
black stones usually have protective properties, generally in an absorbing sort of way, so i would clear them periodically. citrine perhaps to transmute negative energy. quartz is an all-purpose kind of stone, all it needs is intention behind it.

i don't know of any guaranteed recipe, but recommend experimenting until you find one that helps for you. any stone is a tool for directing consciousness, some tools may be better than others but they're still tools. its the conscious use of the mind that will greatly enhance (and in some cases, create) the usefulness of the stone.

i hope that is helpful

gonesavage

wavebreaker
07-08-2003, 16:51
Black tourmaline helps protecting against negative energy.
I use it myself near my computer monitor, to protect me from the radiation of the monitor.

ming
08-08-2003, 04:43
thank you..naturally, I HAVENT GOT ANY !! I'll get some though.

Minderwiz
08-08-2003, 06:29
Cunningham has a long list of gems and crystals for protection - Chrysoprase can be used as a general shield against negativity. But perhaps the simplest protection might be Salt (Yes Salt!). It has long been used in purification and cleansing rituals. You might try sprinking a little salt around the borders of your office/work area - providing that you can do it in a non-embarassing way LOL and try a cleasing prayer (to whomever or whatever you feel appropriate) and also carry some salt on your person.

january
09-08-2003, 17:48
Hi there, Ming!

I tend to agree with Minderwiz on the salt, which I use for protecting my home as well as cleansing my crytals and stones. I use coarse Kosher salt.

Maybe try taking a salt bath when you get home from work? toss a handful or two into the tub and while splashing the water about yourself, visualize the negativity being washed away from you. You can even burn some sage while doing so.

If I know that I'm going to be in a potentially vulnerable situation (and there's no time for a ritual bath), I'll step into my backyard before I leave and sprinkle a circle around me creating a "shield" of protection. I did this last weekend before I was about to spend the evening with some (very dear) friends who to like to gossip and offer unsolicited advice. That way I could enjoy their company and not be affected by their negative comments.

Good luck with clearing your work space... perhaps you can arrive a few moments early so you can salt your area before anyone notices ;)

ming
10-08-2003, 04:34
I like the sound of the salt bath.....that feels like a good idea. And if nothing else, I'll be clean (phyisically at least !). I work nights January---as an office cleaner, so I can do whatever I like, within reason. The building is empty apart from a security guard. ok thank you all for that. Mary.

rostie
11-08-2003, 08:18
i also heard of agate as a good protector...

Chronata
14-08-2003, 13:24
I have found that obsidian works great for me, as both a filter and blocker of negative energies.

Minderwiz
14-08-2003, 21:51
Originally posted by rostie
i also heard of agate as a good protector...

Cunningham lists Banded Agate as a protection against stressful situations so, that might be worth trying

- but most of the protection of Agates seems to be from physical, rather than psychic dangers.

mingbop
16-08-2003, 11:28
it wasnt the building. the reading were true, and i posted about it in the forum for bits & pieces which dont fit anywhere else. thank you for nice help though. I'll get some protection anyway, it wont go wrong. Mary.

celeste
16-08-2003, 15:30
I tried the salt baths and sprinkle a ring of salt around me after I take a shower-and I can 'feel'the difference. I feel more protected(theres unbelivable gossip and backstabbing at my workplace). I feel more secure going to work. Maybe its all just in my head,but it works for me-thankyou.

RedEarth
23-08-2003, 19:13
You can also visulise protection around you.
If I am walking into a situation where I ffeel I need protection but do not have any 'tools' with me, I imagine a shield around me, covering my whole body, protecting me. Then sometimes I add more layers and end with a reflective layer.

You can also imagine a protective animal with you, such as a black panther.

HTH
RedEarth

Dexter
24-09-2003, 06:16
I use a smudging mist which is made from crystal essences and essential herbal oils. I use this at work for my work area and for myself after readings etc.

pentunen
24-09-2003, 08:06
Garlic is good for protection - place a peeled clove of garlic in each corner of the room to purify it.

Also, burning frankincense is an excellent way to purify an area. You need a ceramic bowl filled with sand/ashes/salt (I prefer to fill the bowl with sea salt since it is also purifying). Place a charcoal disk in the bowl, on top of the salt. (You can get charcoal disks at most new age/religious supply stores.) Light the charcoal disk - this can take a while. When the disk is glowing and bits of it have turned white, put a couple granules of frankincense on it. Don't use too much, or the smoke will fill the room :p

Hope that helps :)

Blessings,
pentu

IrishRiotGrrrl
21-10-2003, 04:15
I have also found that if you think or even say outloud to yourself "shields up" this seems to help ward off any kind of negativity whether it's from a person or a place. I would deffeintly get the hook up with the salt too. For a stone, I personally would pick something that you feel attracted to and then you can bless it to protect you. I'm sure that black stones are preferred but I personally am very attached to amethyst and it makes me feel protected. Just my two cents. Later.