using tarot as medium

weathergirl320

i am new to tarot, still figuring myself out. but i have the ability to be a medium and wondering is it normal to use tarot cards as a gateway to divination/scrying? any suggestions, advice, tips, anything is greatly greatly appreciated.

celticnoodle

i am new to tarot, still figuring myself out. but i have the ability to be a medium and wondering is it normal to use tarot cards as a gateway to divination/scrying? any suggestions, advice, tips, anything is greatly greatly appreciated.

Welcome to AT, weathergirl! Yes, you can use the tarot as a way to speak with spirits. In fact, there are also specific tarot and oracle decks for just this! Be sure to also check out the spread link here on AT. Hundreds of different spreads you can use, broken up into topics such as spirit contact, angel contact, etc. You can also just ask specific questions for your guide or a spirit and then throw a few cards out to see what it says.

**the spread forum/index*
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=31867

I will recommend the book titled "Psychic Tarot: Using Your Natural Psychic Abilities to Read the Cards" by Nancy Antenucci and Melanie Howard.

This book is SUPERB! it is easy to read and the exercises contained within it are easy to do as well. It is not very expensive either--and a must have for anyone who wants to read the tarot and use it to help them develop their psychic abilities as well.

I used this book frequently for myself as well as for exercises in a psychic circle that I help to run with Dancing Bear (also a member here on A.T.).

there are other books out there too that are fantastic, but this one is always the first one I think of and recommend to others when posed with the same question as yours. It is a MUST HAVE for anyone with this interest.

weathergirl320

thank you so much! i will look into that.

weathergirl320

the thread you sent me to was PERFECT!!!! exactly what i needed thank you so so much!!!

celticnoodle

good weathergirl! a lot of different ideas/spreads to keep you quite busy for awhile! :D

214red

i would also suggest you get some other psychic development books too, many mention tarot as a tool, because it will help you with things that tarot cant alone, they can work very nicely hand in hand