PDA

View Full Version : just a few little things I bought....

Bhavana
05-10-2011, 02:39
The first pic is of a calcite crystal, also shown as the top piece in the bottom picture. It really is pretty, but hard to get a good picture.

It's the tiny quartz landscape on the rock that I wanted to show you all...it was only a few dollars, and I love little pieces...so i had to get it. The blurry pic shows me holding it so you can get an idea of the size.

I am always picking up amethyst and citrine points, and this amethyst one has a double point. It feels really good in your hand. I like having lots of nice little crystals, because I give them away so much. Unfortunately, there is a huge gem/rock shop near me, with a gigantic display floor and drawers and drawers full of specimens....I could spend all day there....but yesterday i only had a spare $20 or so to play with...

Laura Borealis
05-10-2011, 02:49
I love that little quartz landscape! So pretty.

What's the purpley sparkley one behind it? Next to the bird figurine?

Hemera
05-10-2011, 03:30
Oh what a truly lovely Amethyst. I have one a bit like that but mine is smaller and the colours in mine are not that bright..
What's the purpley sparkley one behind it? Next to the bird figurine?I was thinking the exact same thing!

Bhavana
05-10-2011, 03:57
That stone is chalcopyrite - and believe it or not, mine is a very dull and boring example!! The store I mentioned above has them in the most vivid colors of purple and all shades of blue, some with touches of gold and green - they have a few that have bright peacock blue as their main color. So bright they just about knock your eyes out...and not very expensive either, maybe 8 to 10$. The one i have i found at a flea market.

quote from thatcrystalsite.com

(though I am sure depending on the site, you can find other and different info)

Chalcopyrite helps to find 'lost' objects, it also often 'goes walkabout' to accumulate information which will be beneficial to its user. It enhances perception and strengthens contact with ancient cultures of the universe. It connects us with other cultures and helps us to receive their information. It is the stone of the mystic, bringing information for both yourself and other relative to their energy field. Chalcopyrite can remove energy blocks and can totally open up the crown chakra, cleansing and activating it at the same time. It is an excellent stone to use for meditation as it helps to achieve and maintain a state of no mind. Chalcopyrite can inspire the infinite energies of the universe to activate the state of physical perfection within the body. Assists with the movement of Chi through the body.

Chakras: Crown
Astrological sign: Capricorn

Chatzi
07-10-2011, 07:52
Hey, I'm in the NE US... where's this huge rock/gem shop you speak of?

Laura Borealis
07-10-2011, 08:53
That stone is chalcopyrite - and believe it or not, mine is a very dull and boring example!!

I do not believe that, yours is beautiful. I'm willing to believe the others are too, though. ;)

Storm82
07-10-2011, 09:28
what lovely pieces
great shape to work with also

minrice
12-10-2011, 23:19
They are so pretty Bhavana! I love the calcite, it just glows!

peaceandkarma
13-10-2011, 09:03
Your new crystals look really really nice.