PDA

View Full Version : Chart for a day yet to come

Silverlotus
07-08-2003, 23:17
I'm curious if it is possible to do a reading for a specific day to see if it is an auspicious day to hold a certain event. If it is, how would one going about doing it? I've only seen information on natal charts, not event or day charts.

AquarianGoddess
08-08-2003, 01:34
Silverlotus,

Not only is it possible, it's done all the time.

You would run the chart just as you would any other chart (date, time, place). However, the difference is in interpretation, which is then geared toward the type of event (wedding, new job, etc.)

AG

Silverlotus
08-08-2003, 02:15
Thanks. I guess that makes sense. :) I'm glad to know that it is something that is done.

isthmus nekoi
08-08-2003, 02:54
A quick and dirty way to gauge the 'weather' of an upcoming day is to check out which sign the moon is in and which phase. Moon is a subtle influence, but an easy way to get a feel for the predominant emotional state in a very generalized way. A picnic under a Libra moon might end up a little different than one under Scorpio :D

Silverlotus
08-08-2003, 02:55
Oh, thanks isthmus nekoi. The day want to look at is the tentative date for my wedding. And it just might be outside.

Minderwiz
08-08-2003, 06:00
Just one additional thought but perhaps an important one.

If you want to choose an auspicious day for your wedding then I would check for other things than just the weather - for example I think you would much prefer a chart that leant towards living happily ever after and had a strong possiblity of rain as against one which suggested blue skies and Sun but also suggested a life of continual arguments and bickering.

You can't get everything right but you can chose the moment that indicates the best chance of success.

If the weather is all that you want to predict then it is possible to do weather prediction from a chart - though I must admit I have not seen any examples of it.

isthmus nekoi
08-08-2003, 08:36
oh, realized I didn't make it clear that by 'weather' I meant psychological weather! :P But knowing the real weather is cool too.

Silverlotus
08-08-2003, 08:49
I get it. I understand. :)

Royal Cat
08-08-2003, 12:34
I'm finding this discussion quite fascinating. I hadn't really thought of having a chart for any day besides a brthday - but it makes sense... why not do a chart for the day your marriage is "born"? :)
So, out of curiousity I plugged in my wedding date on astro.com. Now I'm at a loss what to do next. :( Would I look at the chart as an entirely seperate "being" - or do I try to evaluate the marriage chart based on a combination along with my husband's and my own chart? I'm so confused.

And best wishes to you, Silverlotus, on your upcoming wedding. Happy planning. :)

Cat

AquarianGoddess
08-08-2003, 23:10
Royal Cat,

I'd begin with the ascendant sign, then the ascendant ruler (if Pisces is rising then Neptune rules the chart), where the ruler is placed and how it is aspected.

Since it's a wedding chart, the relationship (aspects, if any) between the ruler of the 1st and the ruler of the 7th is most important.

The Moon sign, house and aspects are also very important.

Venus & Mars and what they're up to.....

Every planet plus angles have an importance, just like a natal chart.

As the years progress, you can progress the chart, just like one would a natal chart.

AG

Royal Cat
09-08-2003, 00:06
AG,
Thanks for your help! This should be fun to figure out. :)

Cat

Minderwiz
09-08-2003, 00:33
You might also look at the eighth House and the ruler of the planets in the eighth, because as the second house from the seventh this will rule the money, property and assets of the marriage.

It's also more propitious to get married at an hour ruled by Venus than by Mars - however that's really only an option if you are planning the marriage. Also at the planning stage its worth trying to get a number of planets in strong positions - as AG said if you can get them angular that is a good thing. Your own Ascendant ruler should be strongly placed, the Sun and Moon also and in a marriage the ruler of your seventh and also Venus, which naturally rules weddings. Good harmonious aspects between them are desirable.

You will never get everything 'right' and there are obvious limits - getting married at 1:00 am might not be possible and would certainly annoy most of the guests LOL.

nikki
09-08-2003, 04:16
Hi SilverLotus --

While all that you have discussed here is certainly valid, there is a specific form of astrology is used JUST for finding the "best" date for an event. It is called "electional" astrology and has nothing to do with politics :) .

So you might want to find an astrologer that does electional astrology or explore that area on your own.

Best of luck.

Minderwiz
09-08-2003, 07:22
Hi nikki,

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your first post - hope to see a lot more of you, especially as you have brought us back on track.

You are quite right about electional astrology - we actually have been touching on some of the principles in this thread, though I think some of us (me!) perhaps have dismally failed to make that clear LOL.

We actually seem to have covered at least two basic branches - event chart for things that have already happened - which are relevant to those of us who wish to look back and do an astrological assessment of our weddings or indeed any other event of significance to us.

The second is electional astrology, where we are planning an event and want it to occur at a moment which gives that event the best chance of being a success - whether it is a marriage, a business we are starting, a new course we are going to join or a new website we are launching (to name but a few things). You rightly point out that this is the branch which is relevant to Silver Lotus' original post and it's worth just taking that point a little further. Most astrologers will do both types of analysis for you. However whilst the principles are reasonably straightforward there are not many books for a diy approach. I think Vivian Robson's book on the subject may still be in print but March and McEver's book on Horary and Electional Astrology definitely is still available and is quite a good read - it actually has a chapter on marriages!

I do have the book so I'll have a quick dip in to it.