Dreaming of Tarot?

Ivy Rhiannon

Hello guys I just had the strangest dream the other day! I'll skip to the important part:

I was walking through a party and saw my online friend reading cards for a couple of people. I walked over surprised to see her as we have never met in person. I said, "I didn't know you read tarot!" She replied, "Sure I do." I looked over and vividly saw the deck she was using: The Fenestra Tarot. It was so colorful! She handed me one of the cards, I think it was the Ace of Pents. I said, "Wow this deck is so pretty I was thinking of getting it a long time ago." She nodded and said, "Oh yeah I love it and it reads really well too." I laughed and replied, "Well it's going back on my wishlist then!"

That was pretty much it. :p I have never had a dream about a tarot deck like that and it be so vivid in the dream. I don't know if this is some cosmic sign to get this deck. I mean I've looked at it in passing but was undecided if I want it. Funny enough I had just taken it off my wishlist a few days before that deciding I wasn't going to get it right now. So what do you think? And have you ever dreamed of the tarot before?

Ivy Rhiannon

lol I guess I am just wierd!

Rev_Vesta

Wow awesome.....

A very long time ago I was using one of the Celtic Tarot decks (the minors were pips, not illustrated) I didn't really like it much I was struggling with it... I used a friend's Native American tarot deck and loved it, it was so easy to read with .... anyway for the next three nights in my DReams I saw the Celtic Tarot disappearing from my sight and the Native American tarot arrive in sight and flip to the Three of Blades (mourning) ... This happened over three consecutive nights...... I ened up ordering my own deck as my friend would not give up her deck (lol).......and I worked with this deck constantly over the last 10-12 years......with short changes with several other decks at different times.....

So no, I don't think you are weird but I believe the Fenestra Tarot were definetly telling you to put it back on your wish list, maybe it could be a priority for you right now....Ace of Pentacles (Changes, huge potential with this deck....huge growth within)

MissJo

Seems like your subconscious is reminding you to get the cards!

I don't think I've ever dreamed of Tarot... maybe once, but honestly my dreams have been more protest and haunted house related as of late.

Ivy Rhiannon

Wow awesome.....

A very long time ago I was using one of the Celtic Tarot decks (the minors were pips, not illustrated) I didn't really like it much I was struggling with it... I used a friend's Native American tarot deck and loved it, it was so easy to read with .... anyway for the next three nights in my DReams I saw the Celtic Tarot disappearing from my sight and the Native American tarot arrive in sight and flip to the Three of Blades (mourning) ... This happened over three consecutive nights...... I ened up ordering my own deck as my friend would not give up her deck (lol).......and I worked with this deck constantly over the last 10-12 years......with short changes with several other decks at different times.....

So no, I don't think you are weird but I believe the Fenestra Tarot were definetly telling you to put it back on your wish list, maybe it could be a priority for you right now....Ace of Pentacles (Changes, huge potential with this deck....huge growth within)

Very cool! Thanks guys I was going to get the Shadowscapes next but perhaps I will get this one instead! :p

RexMalaki

My tarot dreams have been more about the symbols, i.e. meaning of a card, more than a specific deck. It's like I'm working out the symbolism of say "The Tower" in my dream and I may see images of several Tower cards and get flashes of events. I really wish I had kept a journal of these dreams so I could relate a specific one to you. But, no, I don't think it's weird to dream about anything that has been on our mind...

Chiriku

I looked over and vividly saw the deck she was using: The Fenestra Tarot. It was so colorful!

Colorful, eh? Are you sure it was the Fenestra? Then again, I have had dreams where the deck is named/identified and the images are nothing like the real life deck.

I have dreamt of tarot on a few isolated occasions, with years inbetween. Funny you should post this now, because for the first time in years either last night or the night before, I dreampt about something and when I woke up, not remembering the details, I felt it was about the Maat tarot, a deck I just received and which made a strongly positive impression on me.

The most vivid dream I had was maybe 5 or 6 years ago. It was literally a deck collectors' dream. In it, someone let me into a shop or storeroom filled with rare decks and said, "take what you want." I went to *town* on that deck cache. For some reason, I remember one of the decks being the Chinese tarot, a deck which I do not believe is rare and whose images i've not even ever seen (not even since the dream).

When I awoke and realzed it was a dream and that there were no decks overflowing my arms, the sense of loss was palpable! Oh, the cruel torture...

Amanda

I've had tarot dreams at least a handful of times in the last year. The latest was less than a month ago (I think) and I was getting a reading from a dirty, grubby looking guy... but his message was spot on the whole time I was listening to him. I didn't see all the cards he was pulling, but at the end he showed me a dirty and beat up Morgan-Greer 7 of Pentacles and told me that I should be self-employed.

Imagine that... Getting free and highly accurate tarot readings in your sleep. ;) :p

Ivy Rhiannon

Colorful, eh? Are you sure it was the Fenestra? Then again, I have had dreams where the deck is named/identified and the images are nothing like the real life deck.

I have dreamt of tarot on a few isolated occasions, with years inbetween. Funny you should post this now, because for the first time in years either last night or the night before, I dreampt about something and when I woke up, not remembering the details, I felt it was about the Maat tarot, a deck I just received and which made a strongly positive impression on me.

The most vivid dream I had was maybe 5 or 6 years ago. It was literally a deck collectors' dream. In it, someone let me into a shop or storeroom filled with rare decks and said, "take what you want." I went to *town* on that deck cache. For some reason, I remember one of the decks being the Chinese tarot, a deck which I do not believe is rare and whose images i've not even ever seen (not even since the dream).

When I awoke and realzed it was a dream and that there were no decks overflowing my arms, the sense of loss was palpable! Oh, the cruel torture...

Ah that would be so cruel!!! As for the deck I am positive it was the Fenestra. Not that the deck is overly colorful in real life. Just like the dream was faded out but the deck was in living color.

I've had tarot dreams at least a handful of times in the last year. The latest was less than a month ago (I think) and I was getting a reading from a dirty, grubby looking guy... but his message was spot on the whole time I was listening to him. I didn't see all the cards he was pulling, but at the end he showed me a dirty and beat up Morgan-Greer 7 of Pentacles and told me that I should be self-employed.

Imagine that... Getting free and highly accurate tarot readings in your sleep. ;) :p

Lmao how cool! That must mean you've been hanging out at AT way too much :p I often dream about work when I'm overworked.

Aset

I recently had an indirect dream about tarot. I was running (for leisure) around a deck that was in the shape of the Two of Wands from the Thoth deck. It was a very beautiful scene, water everywhere, and even though it was just the setting, I can't help but feel there was some message there regarding not only the Geomantic shape of the card (Puer) but the involvement of water.