pietersite

celticnoodle

I just purchased this stone today. It is beautiful! I was drawn to its dark blue color, and then when I got home and googled it, I see the dark blue is actually a rarity. The stone has a bit of a brownish gold in it also.

I was thrilled to see that this stone is a good one to use with moldavite, which I also have. The pietersite gemstone is suppose to help one find some peace and calm when there is nothing but chaos in our lives. It is also suppose to help one find their spiritual path and stick to it. It is a healing stone also, helping with growth hormones, blood pressure and body temperature. it is also suppose to help one experience visions and astral travel as well as the akashic records.

This is really all I know about it. Anyone else have this stone? what are your thoughts on it and your experiences with it?

Bhavana

oooh...I have a few of these, tumbled, and none of mine have any dark blue, just that pale greyish blue and some very small areas where the grey blue goes a little violet.
It certainly is a beautiful stone, though.

Sadly, I don't work much with my crystals. I just like looking at them, and though I have used them for their intended purposes, I have never had any real effects, not that I know of anyway. I keep thinking i am going to do some chakra work, but have yet to get around to it, one of those things I keep putting off.

Hemera

I had to google this one because I had never heard of it. What a beauty! Some stones have the tiger´s eye effect -only in swirls and not bands. Lovely.

I wish they´d give nicer name to stones, though. To name it after some man is so stupid an unimaginative..(-even though he "found" it.) It is the stupid Western tradition of "finding" a plant/animal/stone that´s all wrong. They have never been lost. We have just been ignorant in not seeing them before.

ncharge

Pietersite is one of my favorite stones. I have carved skull in Pietersite, half reddish gold and half blue. It is truly amazing! (I am partial to chatoyant stones of any kind, from moonstone and labradorite, which seem to represent the full and new moons to me, to pietersite, astrophylite, and nuumite.)

celticnoodle

Sadly, I don't work much with my crystals. I just like looking at them, and though I have used them for their intended purposes, I have never had any real effects, not that I know of anyway. I keep thinking i am going to do some chakra work, but have yet to get around to it, one of those things I keep putting off.
yeah, same with me, Bhavana. I am not really sure if my moldavite or pietersite is helping me in anyway yet. Pietersite is suppose to help heal a high blood pressure, but yet, I still have high bp. Now, this said, I do feel that the rose quartz has helped me a great deal. But, I cannot say much yet about Pietersite. Perhaps Moldavite does help a bit--I have noticed that if I wear it too much, I get terrible headaches. So now, I only wear it when I am going to give a reading. not quite sure yet if it is helping that or not.