PDA

View Full Version : Help with Search!

caridwen
15-10-2011, 21:39
I'm having difficulty with the Search function. When looking for specific cards in Using Tarot for example, I type in something like: 3 Swords reversed and the Search function removes 3 because apparently it's too common.

Here is what my Search gives me:http://www.tarotforum.net/search.php?searchid=3311525
Instead of 3 of Swords reversed I get pages of Swords posts many of which aren't related to the 3.

There must be a way of searching for a specific card that actually gives the number of the card. Does anyone know how I can improve my searches?

KMilliron
15-10-2011, 23:51
Try putting three of swords in quotes such as "three of swords"

It will return no results but at the top of the page will now have a custom google search bar. Much more versatile and will only search through AT. You can't specify things like which forums you do or do not want to search, so you may have to wade through several extra links.

Chiska
16-10-2011, 03:31
You could try searching via Google using modifiers to make it specific to this forum:

site:tarotforum.net 3 of swords reversed

will return about 4,070 results (according to Google.)

If you place quotes around "3 of Swords Reversed," it returns about 1650 results - but that would eliminate results using "Reversed 3 of Swords" or similar.

caridwen
16-10-2011, 19:29
Thank you for your help, much appreciated:D

gregory
16-10-2011, 20:46
You could try searching via Google using modifiers to make it specific to this forum:

site:tarotforum.net 3 of swords reversed

will return about 4,070 results (according to Google.)

If you place quotes around "3 of Swords Reversed," it returns about 1650 results - but that would eliminate results using "Reversed 3 of Swords" or similar.

You can also do

+"3 of swords" +reversed

which would require both. (this also works with the forum's google search)

Chiska
17-10-2011, 04:50
Thanks gregory!

I saw that and went, "doh!!" I forgots about using the +. I use "-" all the time because one always gets TOO much.