Birth Chart Questions

lisent

Hey guys,

I've recently become more interested in astrology and have been doing a lot of research and reading. I've done some general research about interpreting my birth chart and was wondering if anyone who has more experience than I do in this would be willing to provide any insight or guidance into my chart details.

I've gone down the automated report route in this, so I'm not as concerned with what each planet in each house/sign means etc, but more so in how every together interacts or the things that jump out to you as being significant based on your experiences with astrology and chart interpretations.

These are the type of things that popped out to me while I was looking at my chart, but that the research I've done so far doesn't really answer:
I have no planets in fire signs, and my South Node is in Leo. Based on some of the readings I've done (Currently reading Jan Spiller's Astrology for the Soul), the South Node are traits/characteristics that have been over developed, would the lack of fire in my chart as a whole be further emphasizing that? What does that mean in terms of what I should/shouldn't be focusing on?
Mercury & Sun in Pisces vs. Moon in Capricorn: Pisces is a very emotional sign and with my Mercury/Sun in Pisces that seems to indicate lots of expression/strong communication of emotions, but how does that interact with my Moon in Capricorn - which from what I've read indicates someone who is more withdrawn, reserved and structured in terms of their emotions? What can I learn from that in terms of communicating with others?
Venus, Mars and North Node in Aquarius: I've read that Venus, Mars & Mercury are the 3 important planets in terms of relationships and interactions with others. What does having 2 of those planets, as well as my North Node, in Aquarius indicate in those areas?
Moon, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune all in Capricorn: Is there any significance to all these planets being in Capricorn?
Most of my planets are Angular (5) or Succedant(4) what does that mean?

Those are the types of things I'm curious about :) I'd really like to discuss those types of things so that I can learn (and will definitely provide feedback on any insights given), and if anyone has any resources that they would recommend that would help me tie things together past the basic planets in house/signs interpretations, I'd love it if you could share those as well!

My birth chart details are as follows:
Birth date: March 19, 1990
Birth time: 5:20 PM
Chart can be seen here: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v214/wandarer/2455856073437.gif

Sun-Pisces-29.03
Moon-Capricorn-2.42
Mercury-Pisces-29.52 R
Venus-Aquarius-13.02
Mars-Aquarius-6.07
Jupiter-Cancer-1.40
Saturn-Capricorn-23.40
Uranus-Capricorn-9.19
Neptune-Capricorn-14.23
Pluto-Scorpio-17.34 R
Lilith-Scorpio-15.08
Asc node: Aquarius
Ascendant: Virgo

dadsnook2000

First impressions

When I first viewed this chart the single feature that jumped out at me was the T-Square with SUN/MERCURY square JUPITER-opposed-MOON. This points to an open-minded, highly social and agreeable person. The indications also include one who is curious, likes to learn about the world about them, is articulate and likely to have many friends. Opportunities seem to be everywhere.

When one considers the Mercury-associated MC (Gemini) and Ascendant (Virgo) this Sun and Mercury conjoining at the Pisces/Aries cusp in the 7th house takes on added importance. We would expect to find a person who leads busy life and tends to be more of a "doing" person (Aries) than a sensitive person (Pisces) who is both involved with others and brings her own resources into her interactions. A very sharing person who expects others to reciprocate.

The semi-square from Sun-Mercury to N.Node amplifies the Moon-opposite-Jupiter pattern such that much of the implied social activity seems probably centered around women and women's affairs. Cancer on the 11th cusp (for those who use signs) would indicate women and domestic affairs ---- I mention this because I'm sure others will ---- but I would not tend to include that in a speculative assessment.

Now, to address a few of your questions.
** As a "modern" astrologer, I wouldn't worry much about a lack of Fire signs. You have all of the energy and drive you need.
** The Moon/Capricorn and Sun/Mercury/Pisces interaction is something you are making too complicated. The Moon is not likely to be "practical and cold" --- the involvement with Jupiter is too strong for that. And, the Sun/Mercury is likely to be very outwardly focused and more inclined to be Aries-like than Pisces-like, in my opinion. My sense is that Pisces-stuff is not so strong and that other factors probably contribute to any Pisces-like energies.
** Venus-Mars-Node-Aquarius is important! But, we can look at the Mars-Venus phase relationship (even though 7 degrees apart) and sense that you are passionate, pursue your own values, have un-contrived feelings and tend to impulsively act out your feelings. (This is why I said the Pisces-stuff is likely mis-leading)

Without getting into all of those grouped planets, I'd like to ask if all of this "bursting out with enthusiasm, curiousity, busyness, socialness and candidness" is sometimes just too much for others to keep up with or deal with?

Now, I'm sure that others on the list will jump in with their own comments and manner of interpreting a chart. This is just my view. I leap right to the expression of the symbols and avoid the astro-babble. It's just my way of looking at a chart and just talking out what it shows to me. Dave

Minderwiz

A second take

I only got as far as your natal details to arrive at the first significant factor, you were born less than 24 hours before the Vernal Equinox. I usually interpret the Sun in the traditional way - by season of the year. Usually it doesn't matter if the Sun is very near a sign boundary - in my case I have the Sun at 29.45 Libra, but it would make no difference if it was 1 degree further on - both Libra and Scorpio are Autumnal signs. However in your case you were born on the last day of Winter and I'd be tempted to 'split' the Sun between Winter and Spring. In traditional terms between Phlegmatic (Water) and Sanguine (Air). I'll go into that a little later.

Dave drew attention to the T Square between Jupiter, Moon and Sun/Mercury. I'm not a 'modern' Astrologer and I don't use aspect patterns as I don't see any advantage to them over the aspects and planets themselves. In this case arguably it's not even a 'genuine' T-Square as the 'Squares' are out of sign for the aspect. However, the configuration is still important because it is between Mercury your Ascendant ruler, Jupiter, Mercury's ruler and the Moon, alll of which are important to your temperament. Incidentally aspects were originally by sign, rather than degree, so Jupiter - Mercury/Sun would have been seen as a trine and Moon - Mercury/Sun would have been seen as a sextile. Jupiter is a benefic, social planet, Mercury is your rational mind and the Moon your intuitive sensitive mind. This is as Dave says, clear evidence of an open, expansive, social mind.

Dave briefly mentioned the North Node, and you raised the South Node in Leo as a concern in relation to the lack of Fire signs in your chart. The connection of the Nodes with the soul or past lives is a modern one, imported from Vedic (Indian) practices by the Theosophists in the late nineteenth century. I'd only take the nodes into consideration if there's a close aspect - in your case Venus is conjunct your North Node, and I'd interpret that traditionally - The North Node is benefic, similar to Jupiter/Venus and so this strengthens Venus in your chart. Venus is already quite dignified in your chart and the fifth House is it's 'favourite' place (the fifth is said to be the Joy of Venus and is concerned with Venusian activities).

Venus is only concerned with relationships when looking at a the specific issue of marriage or romantic partnership (and Mars can also be used in looking at these specific matters) and Venus is only used in these relationships because it's general nature is concerned with mirth, jollity, fun and enjoying yourself (including sexual pleasure). Having both Mars and Venus in Aquarius, is secondary to their separating conjunction but without going into detail both planets are going to influence how you enjoy yourself, your leisure pursuits, your romances and children (if and when you get round to them).

I've mentioned the Mercury/Sun position earlier on, and you mention it's connection to the Moon in Capricorn. The thing to bear in mind is that planets don't change their nature, according to sign, but that nature might be modified. I don't treat Pisces as 'emotional' it's a phlegmatic sign, so there's some reserve and shyness there overlaying Mercury and Sun but Pisces is ruled by Jupiter and it is not either unsocial or excessively emotional. The Moon in Capricorn is in it's detriment (opposite it's own sign of Cancer) - this adds some fearfulness or pessimism to it's expression but it's still fulfilling it's essential nature. And the Moon is in sextile by sign to Mercury/Sun so these will blend.

Now, on the absence of Fire signs, I'm also with Dave - it doesn't really matter in terms of 'strengths' or 'weaknesses' of the chart - I don't think you have to have a balance of elements (or for traditionalists 'humours) in your temperament. People can function quite adequately without one element or even two. You will find some Astrologers who hunt for 'compensating' factors by inventing 'Fire Houses' and arguing that planets in those houses are in some way able to exercise a firey nature. However, as long as you feel comfortable with who you are, then it's not a problem. The natal chart is a snapshot, and as our lives develop we tend to develop our own mechanisms for coping with those areas of our characters that we feel need attention - indeed after a point we do it without thinking. So don't worry about it - if it really doees cause you concern, then there's plenty of things you can do, such as assertiveness training. If you're happy, don't worry, though as you're strongly melancholic, it may well be a cause of undue worry.

Your temperament is Melancholic, you tend to be studious, careful, analytical, reflective and tend to see glasses as half empty rather than half full, and succeed through hard work. It's likely that this is why you feel you should be concerned about the lack of Fire signs, but it's not a bad personality at all and temperament problems are more likely to show up in health issues than anything else, whether you are choleric, sanguine, phlegmatic or melancholic.

Saturn, Uranus and Neptune in Capricorn - I don't use the outers and really even if I did, I'd not put any value at all on their sign placement. House placement and aspects (if any) are what matters for them. Saturn in Capricorn is in it's rulership so it's essentially strong. I'd interpret it through house placement, house rulership and aspects.