Was told that many other readings gave positive answer differed from mine?

Stark Raven

I was recently asked two questions by someone. After the answers were sent they sent me a reply claiming that they had asked many others the same questions, and supposedly ALL the others had a different answer than mine. The amount of people they claimed to have asked I dispute, still I want to ask, anyone else deal with this as one of the first readings they have done for those they don't know? Btw, to clarify, repetitive readings on the same person and questions only offered different perspectives on the same basic answers.

It kinda got in my craw ya know?

poivre

I was recently asked two questions by someone. After the answers were sent they sent me a reply claiming that they had asked many others the same questions, and supposedly ALL the others had a different answer than mine. QUOTE]

Don't take it personally, this is how we all learn.
You may have been right or wrong...it was your
interpretation of the cards. All the others had their
interpretation also.

If the same question was asked now, time has passed
and everyone would have another opinion of the
reading.

The reading was how "you" saw it at the time and "they" saw it
their way.

No worries, stand your ground.

:)

PathWalker

Yes I've had this, when I was learning to read by email with a mentor.

First thing to ask yourself, why does this person ask the same question over and over again? Perhaps the answers they recieve don't help them move on, resolve, or see in a different light?

Secondly, maybe the situation has now moved on, and your answer was appropriate?

Also, was this a paid reading, and were they trying to get their money back?

And lastly, just because your answer was different, doesn't mean it's wrong - but sometimes the client doesn't like the answer and won't accept it.

Keep going

PX x

Stark Raven

Hello :)

Don't take it personally, this is how we all learn.
You may have been right or wrong...it was your
interpretation of the cards. All the others had their
interpretation also.

If the same question was asked now, time has passed
and everyone would have another opinion of the
reading.

The reading was how "you" saw it at the time and "they" saw it
their way.

No worries, stand your ground.

Thank you so much. Hmm how strange that your 'stand your ground comment' clarified a card in a reading I did for my self on how to get past this, that I didn't quite fully 'get'.

Kali Kitty

We are always going to filter the world and our readings through our personal stuff, and if your personal slant on a reading was different to "everybody else's" I think it may just be the most valid! There is no "right" answer in tarot. It's about being spontaneous and sincerely seeking the best answer for the querent.

Sounds like they told you this in a cheeky manner, meant to get under your skin, just as it has. So my advice is not to read for them again, and don't let it get to you!

Stark Raven

Yes I've had this, when I was learning to read by email with a mentor.

First thing to ask yourself, why does this person ask the same question over and over again? Perhaps the answers they recieve don't help them move on, resolve, or see in a different light?

Secondly, maybe the situation has now moved on, and your answer was appropriate?

Also, was this a paid reading, and were they trying to get their money back?

And lastly, just because your answer was different, doesn't mean it's wrong - but sometimes the client doesn't like the answer and won't accept it.

Keep going

PX x

Yes these too are valid ways to look at this, thanks for the input PathWalker. Great food for thought, and also great stuff to make a list to remember for any possible future incidents!

Stark Raven

We are always going to filter the world and our readings through our personal stuff, and if your personal slant on a reading was different to "everybody else's" I think it may just be the most valid! There is no "right" answer in tarot. It's about being spontaneous and sincerely seeking the best answer for the querent.

Sounds like they told you this in a cheeky manner, meant to get under your skin, just as it has. So my advice is not to read for them again, and don't let it get to you!

Ha Haah;

You have an interesting and classic way of looking at things with a refreshing new perspective, just love it. Your reply added yet another valid perspective to the card (5 of swords) that I had not understood how it applied to my personal reading as referred to when speaking to poivre.

Kali Kitty

Ha Haah;

You have an interesting and classic way of looking at things with a refreshing new perspective, just love it. Your reply added yet another valid perspective to the card (5 of swords) that I had not understood how it applied to my personal reading as referred to when speaking to poivre.

Thanks very much. :) I'm glad it helped. People don't realize sometimes how sensitive tarot trainees can be..

caridwen

I was recently asked two questions by someone. After the answers were sent they sent me a reply claiming that they had asked many others the same questions, and supposedly ALL the others had a different answer than mine. The amount of people they claimed to have asked I dispute, still I want to ask, anyone else deal with this as one of the first readings they have done for those they don't know? Btw, to clarify, repetitive readings on the same person and questions only offered different perspectives on the same basic answers.

It kinda got in my craw ya know?

Take a deep breath and try to see this as a learning experience.

It's very easy to let our egos get in the way and take a Seven of Wands stance against opposition. However, we learn from our mistakes.

Let's approach this in a different way. Say you went for a job interview. You did everything in your power to prepare for the interview. You do not get the job. Are you wrong and they are right? Are they wrong and you are right? Do you sue them? Do you call them up and complain?

What you could do is thank them for their time and ask for feedback on how you did in the interview and reasons for not getting the job.

People's reactions to us are rarely personal. They tend to be projections of themselves. I have done many many readings for people that have provoked a very strong reaction. Mostly telling me that I am wrong. People don't have strong reactions to wrong readings, they have strong reactions to readings that touch a raw nerve;)

You could learn from this experience. First, not everyone agrees with us and that's ok. Second, querents don't always see the truth because they are not looking for the truth, that's also ok. Third, we sometimes get it wrong, that's ok too.

Sometimes the querent will tell us that we are wrong. The best way of dealing with that is to ask them in what way we are wrong. If they can come up with specific examples, we can learn from that. We can also learn that we can be off but we can provoke a reaction because we have touched a nerve. People come to tarot readers because they have a problem that they cannot find a solution to and may be in a fraught state. If the reading does not reassure them but opens wounds when they are already feeling raw, they may take it out on you. We just have to be understanding and humble.:)

Soaring Eagle

I too had this happen recently. I had a reading that I was sure I had interpretted correctly, and then the person told me that it was completely off. I troubled over this for some time. Eventually, I realized (with a little help) that it wasn't that I was wrong, so much as that the person didn't want to hear the truth. They were looking for someone to say that everything was going to come up roses when I saw troubles on the horizon.

As others have mentioned, we all get clients like this. We just have to learn that nobody's perfect, we may have got it wrong, or the client may not be ready for the truth of the matter.