What types of spreads do pro readers use??

SPIRIT HAWK

hi all ,
i have a question for all you pro readers on here !!
so when you do a client a reading, what spread would you use for a full general reading??
i just wondered as i am not a pro but was curios what you used??

tarotbear

I usually use a 10-card Celtic Cross spread, altho I have it modified slightly so the Querent can follow more easily; I also run the 4-card 'septre' up whatever side they are sitting on, because I have the Querent sitting next to me, not across from me. That way they see the cards as I do. This works for me because it gives me P-P-F and I never ask the Querent their question until after I have finished the reading.

There is also a five-card 'Wheel' spread that talks about events passing through, altho the 5th card can be a little hard to interpret (the summation of the previous 4 cards) until you are used to working with it. One of my classes loved working with it, tho!

nisaba

I use a few different spreads, all of them developed by me.

There are no spreads that scream that someone's an amateur or a professional. Find spreads that work well for you, that you are comfortable with, that reveal scads of information. You can't go wrong.

SPIRIT HAWK

I usually use a 10-card Celtic Cross spread, altho I have it modified slightly so the Querent can follow more easily; I also run the 4-card 'septre' up whatever side they are sitting on, because I have the Querent sitting next to me, not across from me. That way they see the cards as I do. This works for me because it gives me P-P-F and I never ask the Querent their question until after I have finished the reading.

There is also a five-card 'Wheel' spread that talks about events passing through, altho the 5th card can be a little hard to interpret (the summation of the previous 4 cards) until you are used to working with it. One of my classes loved working with it, tho!

I am nót familiar with the wheel tarotbear? Your adapted cc sounds cool:)

SPIRIT HAWK

I use a few different spreads, all of them developed by me.

There are no spreads that scream that someone's an amateur or a professional. Find spreads that work well for you, that you are comfortable with, that reveal scads of information. You can't go wrong.

Yes thats good advice but just Wondered what others used? :)

tarotbear

I am nót familiar with the wheel tarotbear? Your adapted cc sounds cool:)

WHEEL SPREAD

--1--
4-5-2
--3--

1) the current situation
2) the waning influence
3) the hidden influence
4) the emerging influence
5) synthesis of previous four cards

TAROTBEAR'S CELTIC CROSS

-----3--------9
6--1/2--4 -- 8
-----5---- -- 7

1) the question
2) (crosses 1) the influence, challenge, or obstacle
3) the first conclusion
4) the past
5) the present
6) the future (or second conclusion)
7) the internal
8) the external
9) hopes and fears
10) The final outcome

Will also post these in the SPREADS section.

Apollonia

hi all ,
i have a question for all you pro readers on here !!
so when you do a client a reading, what spread would you use for a full general reading??
i just wondered as i am not a pro but was curios what you used??
My "go to" spread is a personal version of the Celtic Cross that uses 11 cards instead of the more usual 10. I also will use Past/Present/Future, and often I will make up a spread on the spot.

I don't have a huge repertoire of memorized spreads, as remembering what goes where seems to bring out the left brain in me, and I ned to stay in my right brain to allow my intuition to come out and play.

gregory

I don't mean to be funny here - but this seems like a how long is a piece of string question - surely you'd use whatever best suits the client and the question/situation ?

nicky

Maybe gregs but sometimes they dont tell you -

Those times it is a good idea to have a spread that works well for you the reader .... hopefully then once you get going the sitter will join in...

starrystarrynight

My general "go-to" spread is a Five-card Horseshoe-type spread:

1. Foundation or receding influences leading up to the current situation
2. Current situation/problem
3. Hidden aspects/environmental influences not generally known by the seeker
4. Gate or Obstacle
5. Outcome or future influences having bearing on the situation

I'm not married to it; if another spread or free-throw seems right for the question, I'll go there without a second thought.