when do you know?

SPIRIT HAWK

Hi all:)
I want to ask all you pro readers when did you know you were ready to go pro? I would like to start off doing donation readings to begin but think i need more experience with face to face readings just to practice to start and reading for donations would be a good pláče to start going by others threads i have read.
But even for donations i think you have to have a cirtain good accuracy when doing even those. So how do you know? Or do you always have some doubts even when doing full paying client readings? .:)

tarotbear

When do you know you're ready to 'Go Pro?'

For some of us it happened by 'default' - the fault that someone needed a reading and was willing to pay us even though we protested 'we were not ready.'

It is very similar to being a professional anything ~ you make a big leap of faith (or a big leap, whatever) and you jump off that cliff. You will either fly or you will fall; there is no try (thank you, Yoda for that one!)

SPIRIT HAWK

Thank for replying :)
Well i suppose its like you say having faith and confidence in oněs self i think i need to study alot more and practice before i do také that jump of faith.

But would really like to build on the thought that maybe oné day i will be pro and alot more accomplished in tarot, oné day eh!!! Thanks tarotbear :)

littleiris

for me, i worked in a local magical shop and helped teach tarot. one day the owner just said hey, wanna do some readings for us and i said um...sure.

by then i had been reading for about 7 years, but i trusted him to make that call as he dealt with public professional readings and other readers/clients etc. so if he thought i was ready, well i wasn't going to argue!

SPIRIT HAWK

for me, i worked in a local magical shop and helped teach tarot. one day the owner just said hey, wanna do some readings for us and i said um...sure.

by then i had been reading for about 7 years, but i trusted him to make that call as he dealt with public professional readings and other readers/clients etc. so if he thought i was ready, well i wasn't going to argue!

Wow you taught before you became pro!
How cool most do it the other way round you must be quite knowledgeable in tarot i think its going to také me a lil while longer to become so confident and masterd it just bit more before i can even attempt doing readings for donations.

I know its a never ending journey am stil ať the věry beginning i think.
I have been learning tarot seriously now for about 3 years. So i stil have a long way to go but love it and feel like its in my blood .:)

starrystarrynight

I played around with cards for many, many years before simply deciding one day to offer a reading on eBay. (But that was after getting a whole lot of "Wow! How did you do that?!" responses.) Even then, I wasn't that confident and once money exchange was entered into the picture, my second-guessing-myself phase began to hit hard, as well. So, maybe you just have to ask yourself if YOU would be willing to pay for the readings you do, and if the answer is Yes, then give it a try. If you get a positive response from people who have paid you to read for them, that is your answer. If you don't, you might have to give it a rest and get more practice.

Shade

At SF BATS Mary Greer gave someone this advice when they asked that question.

Find a charitable cause you really care about that is having a fund-raising event. Offer to read tarot at the event for donations all of which will go to the charity. At the end of the day evaluate: Do I feel like I successfully read for most people who sat with me? What was my feedback?

SunChariot

Hi all:)
I want to ask all you pro readers when did you know you were ready to go pro? I would like to start off doing donation readings to begin but think i need more experience with face to face readings just to practice to start and reading for donations would be a good pláče to start going by others threads i have read.
But even for donations i think you have to have a cirtain good accuracy when doing even those. So how do you know? Or do you always have some doubts even when doing full paying client readings? .:)

Honestly, I was the last one to know! LOL First I was doing readings for friends and a few strangers, but not for pay...Those I read for kept telling me over and over and over that I should be reading professionally. Almost everyone told me that. But I fought it and kept making excuses. I did not see myself as a professional reader.

THEN, as if that was not enough, my cards started telling me over and over that I should be a professional reader. It kept showing up over and over in readings for myself, even when I did not ask about that topic at all.

For me, I believe my answers come from my angels and for that reason I take them very seriously and respect what I am told and follow it. But still I procrastinated and put it off as long as I could. But the messages from the card kept getting stronger until I really got it that it was something I was meant to do. Then I gave in, took it really seriously, and got into the whole professional thing.

But in my case, i was literally the last one to know. The querents I was reading for knew before I did that it was time, then "the cards" knew it before I did, and finally after I got teh message enough times I gave in and stopped fighting it. It was not really even my idea....just I kept getting told I should be doing this so many times until I gave in.

Now of course I am very glad I did, but that is my story. I beleive in was part of my destiny and I could not avoid it, even if I tried at first.

Babs