Combining two compatible decks

poopsie

Hello folks,

I'm not quite sure if this thread belongs here so just feel free to move it to where it should be.

I recently acquired the Etruscan Tarot and I have found it extremely enlightening and historical. Aside from the fact that I needed to brush up on Greek and other ancient mythology, the deck is partly similar to RWS but I feel allows me more room for inspired interpretation. Typically, before the Etruscan came along, I used Liber T based on Thoth and in some occasions, the Universal Tarot which is RWS.

There are instances I have gotten the knack of using both decks simultaneously for one issues or question and since I have already become quite familiar with the differences between both decks, I often get mixed or conflicting messages so I gave up using both decks.

this time, I tried it with Etruscan and Liber T combined ... and VOILA! I have been liking the results and readings I get. Even my friends who requested for a reading were amazed that in more instances than not, they would be getting almost similar cards from two different decks.

One observation though - The Etruscan gives me quite a combination of both the literal and intuitive insights since the card literature simply describes the card, nothing more. The Liber T is more often my integration card.

I now perceive that these two decks are quite compatible. Do others have similar insights with the decks you use? Has anyone tried to combine using two or more decks? How do you go about it? Have you had some eye openers on this? Would very much like to hear from others.

Madame Squee

I've always enjoyed combining the Victorian Romantic and Bohemian Gothic Tarot decks.

I read the BGT cards as somewhat reversed from the VRT cards.

Sometimes I shuffle both decks together, and sometimes I just pull a card from each deck for each position in the spread I'm using.

Thank you for reminding me how much fun it is!

She says as she scurries to Tarot cabinet... :D

poopsie

Actually because of trying to combine two decks, I realize now that readings can even be so rich. One thing for sure, my curiosity is heightened. I am now tempted to try on another deck just to see if I also encounter the same wonders.

KMilliron

My Necronomicon deck and Wizard's tarot deck compliment each other quite nicely.

Glass Owl

Sometimes when I do relationship readings I use a different Tarot deck for each person.

emmsma

I trimmed both Tarot of the Holy Grail and Universal Fantasy. They work together quite well. Light and dark cards, in and of themselves, tell me volumes. :)

poopsie

Hi Glass Owl, I should try that one. thanks

Sherryl

Years ago I combined the Morgan Greer deck and The Witch's Tarot. Neither deck has borders, the artistic style is compatible, and they illustrate different but complementary interpretations of each card. That was my main reading deck for years.

Recently, just for fun, I combined the Pirates Tarot and the Mermaids Tarot. Both decks are by Lo Scarabeo so they're the same size and have similar blue-green backs. The Mermaids act out in the underwater realm of emotions, relationships and intuition while the Pirates are all about ego, greed, instant gratification and domination.