Magdalene Oracle?

vee

Anyone have this deck? The scans look really beautiful and I have a growing interest in Christian iconography and mysticism, so I've been thinking of picking it up.

MareSaturni

I have this deck, and it really helped me during a tough moment of my life. It was a friend in a friend-less moment!

The Magdalene Oracle has very beautiful and colorful art, and while it has some Christian iconography, it's not limited to that. The art is a bit feminine (even though it was done by a man), so make sure you look for scans and see if you like the style. The booklet has some nice poetry for some of the cards, which I like. It's a deck that works better for advice and meditation than for prediction readings, in my opinion.

I wrote a review about it. You can find it here. :) Hopefully it'll help you to decide!

Zelmira

I also have this deck, and I love it! Even though I don't work with it in a daily basis, when I have addressed a question or an issue with it, the message has proven to be clear and to the point. I agree with Marina, this is not a deck for divination, but for advice and meditation. Blessings,
Zelmira

vee

Thanks for the responses! Your review has convinced me Marina! Going on my wishlist :D

vee

Just wanted to say that I got this today and I am in LOVE. Shot to the top of my favorites almost immediately. I feel comforted and inspired by it. Love this deck!!

MareSaturni

Just wanted to say that I got this today and I am in LOVE. Shot to the top of my favorites almost immediately. I feel comforted and inspired by it. Love this deck!!

Vee, I am very happy that you like it! :D

Although I have not used this oracle in a while, it has been a HUGE source of comfort to me during of of the most challenging times of my life. This deck has helped me to remains grounded and too keep an optimistic vision even if things seemed bleak.

This this this oracle is beautiful and very inspirational. It's a deck that inspires you to look at the world, at others and at yourself with a bit more of love. :heart:

It's good to find that someone else likes it too! The Magdalene Oracle is waaaaaay underrated!

Bhavana

I just saw this online for the first time a few weeks back, it's on my list now. I have been fascinated by Mary Magdalene ever since I was a little girl, back when she was mostly known as a fallen woman - good to hear that it's a good deck.

vee

I just saw this online for the first time a few weeks back, it's on my list now. I have been fascinated by Mary Magdalene ever since I was a little girl, back when she was mostly known as a fallen woman - good to hear that it's a good deck.

Same here. When I ordered the deck, I ordered the Gospel of Mary Magdalene by Jean-Yves Leloup. It got here a few days before the deck so I read it first. If you haven't checked it out, I recommend it!

Marine I agree! After spending some time with the cards, I am pretty surprised it's not more popular. The artwork is truly beautiful and the little book with it has some great insights. *shrug* I'll just keep pimping it until it is then. ;)

MareSaturni

Me too! I have always been fascinated by her, and although we don't know if it's true or not, I like to think that she was the 'beloved' disciple of the Christ... I'm a silly romantic girl, lol! :laugh:

I loved when Monica Bellucci portrayed her! So pretty!

Marine I agree! After spending some time with the cards, I am pretty surprised it's not more popular. The artwork is truly beautiful and the little book with it has some great insights. *shrug* I'll just keep pimping it until it is then. ;)

That's how I do it! I pimp my favorite oracles until other love them too, lol! })

Bhavana

Me too! I have always been fascinated by her, and although we don't know if it's true or not, I like to think that she was the 'beloved' disciple of the Christ... I'm a silly romantic girl, lol! :laugh:
All the evidence points to just that - but, considering the egos of men and the position of the church on women at the time, we just could not have one in such an important role. As a kid, even when I myself believed the repentant prostitute story, I still thought that the fact that she was the first one to see Jesus after he returned from the dead was very significant.

this thread makes me really wish I had this one!