Fantasy Reading Situations

greatdane

What wine goes with....RWS? Or the Vampire Tarot?

If you could set up the PERFECT scenario for reading with any particular deck, what would it be? OK, the beverage, the decor, the weather, the lighting, the music.....as detailed as possible, as simple or lavish as you would like. Just pick any deck you wish and give it a background setting complete with...well, everything!

All centered around any deck, doesn't have to be your favorite.

Right now, I'm thinking Vampire Tarot, a nice merlot, night, candles, Dream On by Depeche Mode (the lyrics just seem to go with this deck for me...how can you not like a song with "bony fingers" in it?) for all the lyrics....http://www.lyricsfreak.com/d/depeche+mode/dream+on_20039291.html)

Modern interior, but with a few gothic highlights here and there. Definitely sconces. A black satin or black velvet reading cloth...or oooh DEEP BLOOD RED.

I'm sure I'll have more scenarios for other decks, but this is a start.

vee

Druidcraft, black tea & biscotti, a table in a garden.

Bohemian Gothic, Pinot Noir, nighttime at a cabin in the woods

Margaret Peterson coffee with cream, outside table at a local cafe

Probably have a cigarette in all of those too! I don't smoke much anymore since I have a kid, but if it wasnt so dangerous and unhealthy I'd do it more!

greatdane

Wow vee! You have it down!

I see you know what works with your decks :).

lisent

Secret Tarot, inside at night with moon/candle light, laid out on black/white patterned spread cloth, red wine (or maybe a nice gin and tonic..)

Sharman-Caselli, outside in a park or on a cafe patio, autumn, caramel latte

Gilded, Irish type pub, Alexander Keiths, early evening.. with something fried to pick at

desertrat

Ananda, while sitting in the sunlight looking out my window at the mountains, diet coke and corn pops at hand. Pure bliss.

nisaba

Having a large house, with a separate entranceway for a fully kitted-out Tarot, ritual and teaching room. Bliss!

risingdreamer

Obviously, the best place to read the manga tarot is an anime event.

RexMalaki

Ancient Italian Tarot - Franciacorta Sparkling Wine ( one glass, crystal, save the rest for after) - In Uddy Cave (living cave near my home) with candles all around - echoes from water drops falling and the deep humming of my own OM - around midnight after a day-long fast.

Le Fanu

There would have to be seduction thrown into the mix, the night ending with cards and clothes scattered on the floor

A house in the country, spooky landscape, eerie wind, tipsy with Gin & tonic, incense, candles, cigarettes, Bohemian Gothic Silver, no music...

Libra8ca

Dark velvet on the table, candlelight, there is a thunderstorm outside, no music. There is incense burning. I'm having a cup of hot black tea and a sandwich or crackers/ salted nuts. I shuffle my Bohemian Gothic deck and lay the cards on the table and I know everything!! :D :D