Card Captor Sakura Clow Card Set

Kaz

Anybody heard of these? What are they, I came across them on this site:
http://www.techserv.curtin.edu.au/tsuki_yomi/clow/

Kaz

Kiama

They're from a kids program called Card Captors, where the characters have to battle it out to get the cards. I was wondering when they'd release the deck.

I WANT IT! I WANT IT! I WANT IT!

Kiama

Kiama

Oh, forgot to say:

They're not really a Tarot deck. They have 52 cards and aren't for divination, but I think they could be used for it. In the TV program, each card is 'captured' one by on by girl called Sakura, and each card has a magickal property which helps her incahcing other cards. Its really pretty, and is a must for those who love either the program, collecting cards, or animé.

Kiama

Kaz

Thanks for enlightening me.
We don't have that program on telly here I think. Hmmm, no, I don't want the cards, although they look OKish.

Kaz

Cerulean

I saw another listing.

Also check sasugabooks.com

Chronata

All hail Sweet Synchronicity!

Thank you! Thank you!

My unknown Anime deck mystery is solved!!

This has been bugging me for some time, and just today I was going to post a picture of my deck so someone could help me ID it....and lo! There it is!

My Mom found these cards at an estate sale. She paid a quarter for them. They had no box and no book (they had a rubber band around them )....and alas...what I didn't know until now...there are 48 of them (instead of the 52 that there should be!)

This has been very confusing to me, because there are at least two different decks that are listed under the title!

Even in this post!

I knew that they were from the anime/manga artist conglomerate CLAMP...because they say so. That narrowed it down a little...but I didn't think they were Card Captor Sakura because those cards are smaller and full color...(the link in Zorya's post)

(mine are the ones on E-bay listed in Majecot's link!...Although mine don't have the korean translation on them.)

I have to say...even not playing with a full deck...that I ADORE these cards!
They actually work surprisingly well as an oracle/divination tool!

Especially since I had no book or anything to go with, so I read them completely intuitively!

Very very good success with them...of course now I want another copy, so I can get the cards I am missing! ...(and I don't even know what they are!)

Thanks again for the post! I can rest a little easier knowing that they have a name now!

Cerulean

I'm going to start a thread in tarot...

Reading with anime tarots (and close oracles)

I have bought one anime tarot that is not written very much about, except for anime fans--they don't list ways to read the cards, they just talk about buying it for the images.

But I am learning ways to identify the cards tarotwise, even if this is the Chinese lettering and I'm unfamiliar with the anime. Sometimes when I pull a Rider-Waite style card I am surprised because their IS a resemblance in the posture.

HudsonGray

I thought the Card Captors were already available at WalMart? By the candy, opposite the pharmacy stuff, I've seen packs of cards (thin, I guess they're collectible) on the end displays.