2011-2012 Year Cards

SilentBreeze

In 2012 my year card will be The Wheel of Fortune and I will be celebrating the new year in Las Vegas--the place that's all about luck. I didn't plan it that way but I discovered the coincidence and decided to share it. I guess its going to be a very lucky or unlucky year.

This year 2011 was my hermit year, and I finally went into therapy for my depression, and I feel like I'm making some progress. I also started meditating more frequently this year.

So I decided to open up this thread to discuss year cards for the past year, and predictions for the next year. So what did your year card for 2011 relate to your experience of the year? And do you have any predictions for yourself about what your year card means about your upcoming year?

NikkiB

What a great thread :)

This year was strength for me and it has been very very apt, I have spent a year seeing some wonderful therapists to sort out some very old issues and change behaviours that needed addressing. It has been a real year of fighting some very difficult situations, depression and facing my fears. I have had to really look at who I am work with that.

Next year is my Hermit year and I think this will be a year that I will really be looking to develop my spiritual side but who knows what I will have, there are aspects of the hermit that I hope it's not, but we shall see!

Just in case anyone doesnt know how to work this out you:

Add your date of birth (day and month only) to the year you are looking at so..

if your birthday is the 12th Jan and you want your 2011 year card it is:

12+01+2011 = 2024

Then further reduce this number 2+0+2+4 = 8 (strength)

Soaring Eagle

2011 is my year for Strength/Balance. I think that it's fit pretty well. I've definitely learned to balance things more in my life this year.

2012 is my year for the Hermit. I think this indicates that I will spend more time reflecting on where I want my life to go and what I need to do to achieve that. Overall, not a bad card to have for 2012.

cardlady22

2011 is Death for me. So far, it has not been people, but just about every plan has fallen through. Health issues that cost in time & money. Equipment failure. I can so see the Death figure lopping heads, hands & feet. :p

2012 will be Temperance- one of my favorite cards.

hopena

2011 = Death. Both people and pets have died, as has more than one relationship. I still need therapy, and will be having hypnosis next weekend.

2012 = Temperance. It would be nice to feel peaceful again. I really hope for that. Cringing at upcoming cards after that, though.

Le Fanu

This year was The Hierophant. Quite apt; institutions and towing the line, seriousness and not much fun.

2012; the Lovers. I think I might have to make a life-changing choice...

tarotbear

2010 was my Justice Year
2011 is my Hanged Man Year (see my thread 'The Hanged Bear' if you need more info)
2012 is my Death Year (in my last cycle it was the Emperor Year)

vee

2011= The Lovers. Totally a great card, as this year was all about me learning to love myself and reconcile different parts of me.
2012= The Chariot

Excited to see the Chariot for next year! Now that I have a firmer sense of self, I have a lot of goals. :)

Alta

2011 ~ for me this has been The Hermit. It has been odd because I have been more 'in the world' than usual. I was so surprised that I went back to my previous Hermit year and the exact same thing had happened, that I was effectively dragged out into the open. Maybe for introverts the Hermit plays opposites.

2012 ~ Wheel of Fortune year, with I suppose, undertones of The Magician. I look forward to having thing shaken up a bit. Though not all 'shake-ups' are positive, as we know!

SunChariot

In 2012 my year card will be The Wheel of Fortune and I will be celebrating the new year in Las Vegas--the place that's all about luck. I didn't plan it that way but I discovered the coincidence and decided to share it. I guess its going to be a very lucky or unlucky year.

This year 2011 was my hermit year, and I finally went into therapy for my depression, and I feel like I'm making some progress. I also started meditating more frequently this year.

So I decided to open up this thread to discuss year cards for the past year, and predictions for the next year. So what did your year card for 2011 relate to your experience of the year? And do you have any predictions for yourself about what your year card means about your upcoming year?

I don't start my year cards at the start of the calendar year, but with each of my birthdays. I am born in June too, so a year card for me starts and ends at the end of June. So I have two in each calendar year if you want to take it that way.

Mine had always been amazingly accurate. The last time someone came into my life and I fell in love with them at first sight WAS a Lovers year for me. Right now I am in Hanged Man year, which makes enough sense to me. As there are some things things year that I would like to have more control over than I do. And that means that I have no choice but to accept that and to try and see the situation in a new way so that I can let go of that.

Babs