Sleeping with my deck

Melisandre

Wow, that sounds pretty weird lol.

I've had a strange experience over the past few nights while sleeping with my Radiant RW under my pillow. This is my first deck. Every night I sleep with it I wake up drenched in sweat. Either I'm too hot to sleep or I sleep badly and fitfully. This isn't normal in my house - I've never had this problem before. Last night I turned off the heat and slept in a tank top and shorts. Still the same issues. My roommate of course is fine but then she's not sleeping with a tarot deck.

Am I going nuts?? Is this something you've ever encountered before? Maybe it's just hormones...

Grizabella

If it were me, I'd just guess it's hormones. I've slept with a lot of decks and I have an illness that can cause a lot of night sweats but I've never experienced that. However, much to my dismay, in sleeping with my Ian Daniels Vampyre Tarot a few nights ago (fell asleep and left it in its bag on my bed) I woke up to find that one card is hopelessly bent. :(

Melisandre

I'm only 27.... Early menopause, I guess, lol.

Yora

;p i wonder if your doing more then just sleeping with it!

To me this doesn't seem like a coincidence, someone else on the forum probably can help you more on this one! :D

Penthasilia

I did that once too- and my husband and I had such odd and vivid dreams that he asked me kindly to bond with it in another way :D

Funny though- the images of the cards were very prominent in the dreams- even for him and he hadn't looked at the deck at all.

DaughterOfDanu

I do it for comfort. Especially if I'm going through a rough time.

For me it's my Oracle of the Shapeshifters and my Oracle of Shadows and Light paired up together that I grab first. The moment I place it next to me I'm at peace and any anxiety or worry is taken away. But that's because I'm extremely in love with those two and they've been a major help to me spiritually.

Any other deck I have issues sleeping with, too. When I first started tarot I was majorly into keeping crystals with my collection, cleansing them, and sleeping with them to bond. I think it's the fact that I am worried that I'll bend a card or the fact that it's something taking up my space in bed that keeps me awake.

Tiddles

I've slept with rws under my pillow, but no effects. I've always been a very vivid dreamer, but nothing unusual happened, no dreams regarding the cards or anything. I always wanted to sleep with the High Priestess under my pillow because she always loves to reveal herself somehow to me- not necessarily in my readings, but she'll jump out, or I'll look down while shuffling and she's there somehow making her presence known. She amazes me how she'll somehow slyly grab my attention through "sloppy shuffling". I would be very upset if I bent her, so I've never done it, though I think if she were alone under my pillow she would have an effect on my dreams. To me, she definitely likes to separate herself from the rest of the deck.

sapienza

Many, many years ago I used to sleep with my old Thoth Greenie under my pillow, I did it for months, maybe even a year. I didn't have any odd experiences though but do feel like I bonded with the deck better. Still, all this time later, if I use other decks and then return to the Thoth I can tell it's cranky at me for 'cheating' on it with other decks. I only get good readings with the Thoth if I'm using it exclusively, otherwise it just won't talk!

Anyway, enough about me......I would honestly try sleeping without the deck for a night or two and see if you are still getting too hot or sleeping badly. If you sleep ok then it may be the deck. Obviously the deck is just a pack of cards, made of cardboard with no special power or whatever. Any energy it has is there because of you. So if you have reservations or issues, even if they are unconscious, about having the cards under your pillow, then that may be the actual cause of your bad sleep.

Best wishes in sorting it out :)

Cassandra022

i never slept with a deck under my pillow but then again at least half the time my head isn't on a pillow either...i have weird sleep habits and at any given time up to 3/4 of my bed is liable to be covered my various possessions of mine and such...

i sleep with decks in my bed somewhere around me not infrequently. occasionally i've even fallen asleep mid giving myself a reading, or at least, after reading for myself but before putting away the cards. not really deliberately, more like thinking about the reading and falling asleep in the middle of that. surprisingly i usually don't knock em off the bed or anything in my sleep...

can't say its ever affected my sleep in any noticeable way, though...