Feminine & Masculine Magician

EdgarAllnPwn

On the bottom of The Magician card Roses and lillies are intermingled. I understand roses are feminine and lillies being masculine. At the top of the card there are only roses.
From my readings about the astral and OBE's, masculine properties are a realitve oddity in the universe, with the vast majority of entities and realms having feminine qualities.

Am I going in the right direction with this?

EdgarAllnPwn

Somone has to think something...........................................................

Zephyros

That's a very interesting observation, I never noticed that before, but what you say really makes sense. The roses on top could mean the feminine all-encompassing Mother Earth sheltering the magician and surrounding him, while the lilies and roses on the bottom could indicate the second step after divine consiousness, that of insemination and the creation of Creation. this shows that the Magician is master of both of these aspects, and that he knows how to blend the matter of creation (feminine) with pure creative energy (masculine) and make something new. This connects us to both the preceding Fool and to the High Priestess.

In the PKT I can't find anything of interest except "Beneath are roses and lilies, the flos campi and lilium convallium, changed into garden flowers, to shew the culture of aspiration." Nothing about the roses on top though.