Symbolon Deck Help

Dark Queen

Hello Everyone,
I was wondering if anyone could help me with a question (or a few) on the Symbolon Oracle deck. My question is what prompted me to sign up to this forum to begin with ;)

I was never interested in oracle decks to begin with, but after dealing with strictly the tarot structure, albeit many different decks, I wanted to change things up a bit and get an Oracle type deck & was drawn to the Symbolon, everywhere I looked, people were charging outrageous prices, so I was happily surprised to find a very reasonably priced one on a website (dont know if Im allowed to say the name lol) and snatched it right up, however when I received it, I was expecting to be in awe as I usually am when I open a brand new deck of cards, especially one from AGMuller, I LOVE their cardstock, normally, but this was different, it had an almost matte finish, as opposed to glossy, and the edges of the cards had some fluff on them, as if badly cut, the cards made a scratchy sound and just felt yucky to hold and sift through, normally AGMuller decks feel so fluid when I sift through them and other decks I had viewed online the box was blue, mine was purple with a big red AGM stamp on it, which I found odd, also the deck was sealed but there was no gold AGMuller sticker or gold pull stub like I have usually seen. Does anyone know if AGmuller has printed two versions of this deck, one of lesser quality or if they have changed their cardstock, absolute shame if they have, or has anyone ever heard of counterfeit tarot decks? Ive tried googleing it but nothing comes up on the subject.

Any help is much appreciated cause its bugging me ;)

Elendil

I have this deck - bought from a shop in London. It is in a purple box with the red AGM logo at the bottom right. The cards are matte finish - but they are cut perfectly and shuffle easily. I haven't seen a blue box edition. It seems there ARE two bona fide editions 'out there'.

Hope this helps.

:)

Melia

I have this deck Dark Queen. The cardstock is different. I bought mine in a reputable book/tarot store.

Mine came in a purple box with the AGM logo (in white print) on the bottom of the box ... it says "Made in Switzerland by AGMueller, Neuhausen". The cardstock is not the usual quality of AGM decks. I've used my deck about half a dozen times and 3/4s of the cards have the corners all chipped away.

BodhiSeed

I also have the purple box. The cards and cardstock seem fine. Perhaps you could contact the seller you bought from?

MareSaturni

I have the blue box one, and it's perfect. The card stock isn't very glossy, but it had a wonderful finish. It's a bit on the matter side, but it's very smooth and shuffles easily. And it's perfectly cut.

I have shuffled mine many times and it's still perfect.

Perhaps this purple box edition has an inferior cardstock... which is a surprise considering it's an AGM deck! Still, I think you bought a wonky copy... you should definitely contact your seller about it!

Dark Queen

Oh thank you! You have all been so helpful!

I'm glad to know that mine isn't the only one like it, it seems that there are 2 different versions after all. Which is very disappointing considering its AGM. I did contact the seller and told her my issues with the deck, she has been so lovely about it all and agreed to give me a refund/exchange! I opted for the exchange and have ordered the sacred rose instead. Though I haven't sent it back yet but planned to do so this weekend. I'm not surprised that they chip easily as it seems that's exactly what would happen after a few uses! I guess I will have to keep my eyes out for a blue box edition as I do love the imagery & the idea of using an oracle deck, it's just a shame I had issues with my first oracle purchase.

Thanks again x