Bohemian Gothic fiction

ilweran

*waves* Hello all, quite a while since I've posted here, been busy with various things and tarot sort of got pushed out for a bit.

I've been looking at the Bohemian Gothic companion book and my notes from working through it, and a lot of it is about stories. The story of what's happening in the card, who are the people, what are they and so on. I was just wondering if anyone else had been inspired to write? If there was a thread on it anywhere? I've done a few searches and didn't come up with anything.

vee

Inspired to write by that book/deck in particular? Or inspired to write by the Tarot in general?

If it's the former, then...sort of. I don't have the book, but I find the deck very inspiring. If it's the latter, than absolutely! I think different people are attracted to Tarot for different reasons, but for me the prime reason is storytelling. I prefer decks with scenes on them for this reason; I love to look at a card and fall into the action.

I use the Tarot for writing inspiration often. I find the Bohemian Gothic is a GREAT writer's deck. Even if you're not writing anything "horror", it encourages you to look at hidden and show meanings, which is going to enhance any story! :)

ilweran

I was thinking of the BG in particular, I suppose because the book was quite focussed on it. I was hoping there would be thread here somewhere, with people sharing what they'd written and ideas, and whatever they wanted really.

One of the things that's distracted me away from tarot has been getting into writing again, now that's mixing with my love of tarot and I guess it's always nice to find people to share an interest with.

I hope that's not too badly written. I'm typing this on my phone!