as seen on TV - looking for a certain Deck

jibrail

Recently I have seen "The great warming". in The 2nd episode was a tarotreader named John Williamson who did a reading for the show and I was totally fascinated by the cards he was using. Googling didnt show any results.

Maybe someone on this board knows the deck he used?

Thanks in advance!

gregory

Don't know - but here's the card he waved.... NICE one !

Attachments

• williamson.jpg
    williamson.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 173

nisaba

Gregory! I've seen that somewhere before! Are you sure you don't have it?

<racks brains>

Ouch! The pain! I know it's in there somewhere! <rummages between brain-folds some more>

That red motorscooter behind him? That's a Honda Lead-100. My daughter had one of those, and adored it. Top speed is only 95kph flat-out (with a skinny teenager on it), but hey, around the suburbs that's quite enough to be illegal!

Zephyros

It looks really great! Wonder what card it is.I see something like a sun in the top right corner and maybe Scorpio in the bottom right? That can't make sense, can it? People dancing on a shore by the ocean? The cardbacks seem to be nice too, a picture of a night sky in the desert, maybe?

I'd really like to know what deck this is, too!

rwcarter

It looks really great! Wonder what card it is.I see something like a sun in the top right corner and maybe Scorpio in the bottom right? That can't make sense, can it? People dancing on a shore by the ocean? The cardbacks seem to be nice too, a picture of a night sky in the desert, maybe?

I'd really like to know what deck this is, too!
Thanks for those hints closrapexa. I would swear that's the Symbolon - gold borders and astrological glyhps in the corners, but I can't find that card in my deck for anything! I've looked through my deck 3 times and that card is NOT there!

It looks like a 9 of something. I wonder if the folks involved with the Symbolon did another deck?

Rodney

gregory

Gregory! I've seen that somewhere before! Are you sure you don't have it?
I don't THINK I have it. But I very easily might; it isn't in a deck I use a LOT...

It DOES look as though it should be the Symbolon. I reckon that's an oracle, so I never got one !

PS Wodney - could that card be - REVERSED ???? Look again :D (not suggesting I have now GOT IT - but it isn't something I can do !)

Debra

I've got another oracle with gold borders--the Didier. It's not that, either.

Here's the card upside-down. I think Gregory's right, and I wonder, are these people swimming?

Attachments

• williamson.jpg
    williamson.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 109

Debra

Heh. There's also a chance that the card was manufactured for the occasion.

gregory

Heh. There's also a chance that the card was manufactured for the occasion.

Given the programme and the guy - I rather doubt that. There are clips - take a look. Teat's where I found the image. And it looks SOOOOOOO Symbolonish.

rwcarter

PS Wodney - could that card be - REVERSED ???? Look again :D (not suggesting I have now GOT IT - but it isn't something I can do !)
Just looked again and that card is not in the Symbolon. (I believe it recently came back into print, but I haven't bought a copy. Does anyone know if any images were changed or added in the reprint? That would explain why it seems like it should be in that deck but isn't in my copy, which does have all 78 cards.)

I made a halfhearted search of Aeclectic and TG last night on the last names of the people associated with the Symbolon to see if they'd done another deck, but didn't find anything.