What kind of Jasper is this? and Can I do scrying with it?

BridgetJones09

I found a shop with a lot of gemstone balls, very expensive all of them. I bought one Jasper one, that I thought pretty and that I could afford. But the seller didn't say what kind of jasper it is. I hope you can help me...The sea greenish bands are translucent, while the brownish bands are not. Looks like Saturn planet or something...I took pictures but as it turns out, I cannot post attachments :p Ask me any question you like.
Another question: I haven't had much luck with my crystal (actually glass) ball in scrying. Do you think Jasper would do? The jasper ball is small, little more than an inch in diameter.
I'd like to hear your thoughs about this. :)

BJ09

Bhavana

oh dear - do you have any idea how many different types of jasper there are?? Here is a link to a website that lists some of them, maybe you will be able to find yours in the photos. It also explains about the stone in general.

http://www.thatcrystalsite.com/articles/what-is-jasper.php

As for scrying, I really can't help you. Maybe someone else knows more.

celticnoodle

As forscrying, you can scry with anything at all. Just try it and see if it will work for you. The act of using an object to scry with is to really have a place for your mind to focus on so you are not distracted by the activity or thingsaround you.

DownwardSpiral

I agree with CN.....try to scry with it and see.

Dancing Bear

I love Jasper and all the pretty patterns and colours you can get..
Love the link Bhavana :)

and again i agree with CN.. using an object for scrying can be anything, it is mainly used for a focal point.. keeping you focused. Mind i have just said exactly what she did LOL!!

Try it and see!!

Bhavana

I love Jasper and all the pretty patterns and colours you can get..
Love the link Bhavana :)

unfortunately for me, the site is out of Australia - so no buying - but there is great info there, I love how you can look things up by healing category.

BridgetJones09

oh dear - do you have any idea how many different types of jasper there are?? Here is a link to a website that lists some of them, maybe you will be able to find yours in the photos. It also explains about the stone in general.

http://www.thatcrystalsite.com/articles/what-is-jasper.php

As for scrying, I really can't help you. Maybe someone else knows more.

Thanks for the link, is very informative. :)

I found a way of showing you all:

http://dlove101.tumblr.com/post/13296295722/photo

That's my Jasper ball! :)

BJ09

Bhavana

hmmm....looks very purple, and almost translucent.

Hiding in Shadows

The pic is a bit fuzzy, but it kind of looks like Fluorite to me. None of my Jasper specimens are translucent. I'm curious here, but you should be able to scry with it. Just remember that scrying is not always easy.

Wee_Gypsy

It looks like Purple Flourite to me, from what I can tell...I have one similar

As for skrying...I don't use the crystal balls and black mirrors (though I own tons of them bc I collect gems...)
I, myself skry in a pitch black room, or just with a candle flame (which I don't always need at this point) But for skyring it is what ever you are comfortable with
-Skrying can be done so many ways and it varies from person to person...just have fun and experiment with it to find out what works best for you ;)