Readings Sometime Reflect My Mood Instead of the Situation

butterfly4868

I have noticed that when I do a reading for a situation, and my feelings are not neutral about the situation, the cards will reflect my mood instead of the situation itself. For example, last year, I did a reading about my chances getting into my school of choice after I submitted the application. I felt like I didn't have a shot, and the cards confirmed that. But I got in. This is just one example, this actually happens quite frequently in readings I do when I feel something strongly.

Do/Did any of you have this problem? And if so, how were you able to correct it (aside from having someone else do the reading for you)? How do you calm your mind so that your feelings don't interfere with a reading?

Thanks!

vee

Yes, I think this is why we often do the most accurate readings for people we don't know! Sometimes it's very hard not to project your own insecurities or hopes onto the cards when reading for yourself, and when reading for your friends it can be hard not to project your internalized perceptions of them.

Not to say that it can't be done, of course, but I find it's always best to read for myself (or in general, really!) when I'm balanced, calm, and detatched. Not like, robot detached, just not being drug around by my emotions :)

butterfly4868

Thank you vee! I've noticed this happens more when I feel negatively about something than positive. It's like the cards can pick up the negativity more easily and project those feelings back to me in a reading. Maybe negative vibes are stronger?

Sometimes I'll re-do the reading later, when I've relaxed and I don't have anxious feelings. But then I wonder if I'm wrong for doing that, if I'm overwhelming the cards by asking the same question too soon, rendering that reading inaccurate as well. Especially when the re-do reading says the opposite of what the first reading said. :/

BeyondtheVeil

I think most people have that problem when reading for themselves. {I say most, not all}. I am sure there are people out there that can read for themselves while emotionally charged and be fine. I can't. So, I have two decks that I use for personal readings only. {I never use those to read for other people}. When I bought them, I talked with my spirit guides/etc and asked to help me choose a deck to just give me the card that I needed to READ about. Yes.. I use a book when reading for myself.:D I find that helps me not put my own 'wants" or feelings into it and I get the actual message. It has worked great. If I am not emotionally charged with the question or situation.. I can then do an intuitive reading for myself.

I also have a very gifted psychic friend and Tarot reader who I get readings from once or twice a year. That helps confirm for me that my method is working for me. I think we just have to look around to see what works for us. Each individual is different, so be open to what works best for you. Some people just can't read for themselves I'm told, so if that is the case, just do Tarot Reading Exchanges here. :) Those can be really fun too!:thumbsup:

Hope that helped some! :heart:
BeyondtheVeil

BeyondtheVeil

Thank you vee! I've noticed this happens more when I feel negatively about something than positive. It's like the cards can pick up the negativity more easily and project those feelings back to me in a reading. Maybe negative vibes are stronger?

Sometimes I'll re-do the reading later, when I've relaxed and I don't have anxious feelings. But then I wonder if I'm wrong for doing that, if I'm overwhelming the cards by asking the same question too soon, rendering that reading inaccurate as well. Especially when the re-do reading says the opposite of what the first reading said. :/

Yes.. the Tarot cards are known to finally give you the answer they think you want to hear especially if the same question gets asked repeatedly. {Another reason why asking the same question on the board to other readers also gives different answers}. I had that happen also, so I learned that the first reading is actually the correct one even if it isn't what we want to hear. If reading for myself though.. I just go straight to my personal deck and book. It helped clear up any issues like that for me.

Best Wishes for you! Don't be frustrated.. you will find something that works for you too!:heart:

BTV

DesertRebel

and tis is the danger of tarot. nothing is concrete,precise, but if you would d a reading for a client,10 different tarot readers would have read the cards differently- so,one reading can turn into variations where you dont know what to tel the client

for instance, the tower and ace of cups,some would interpret as a shocking realizaton that you love someone,some would say the Ace of Cups doesnt have to be instense Love but intense anything-hatred etc. and all those things may confuse a client because it all '' could be,but maybe not''

Ive seen even really negative readings with the Knight and King of Cups as well,and basically every card,which is tricky,because,if I do areading for somebody,Id like them to feel secure in what Im saying and when I see ''he has feelings for you'' Id like that to be the case. Rather than telling her '' yes he loves you'' only to roam the net or discuss with other readers and discover that no one saw the cards as him loving etc, it all boils down to ''intuition'' which is again,to me pretty vague when asked about something concrete,so I always like to draw clarifiers,for most of the readings that I do for those close to me.

I however,absolutely suck,and I mean SUCK,at doing my own readings. I just cant get them right,for the llife of me,so I always leave my own questions to others. either that,or I do my own reading,and then ask the same question to different people to see if they get the same as Im getting,but me,reading for myself? Nah.Im way too subjective.