PDA

View Full Version : IRC Chat &/or Facebook chat

closrapexa
04-12-2011, 08:58
Is the IRC channel still active? I was on it a few years ago and it was, but I haven't been here, or there, for a while.

If it isn't, I think it would be nice to activate the chat Facebook has on its pages now on the Aeclectic page. Truthfully, it can be a little annoying at times, but can be easily disabled.

WolfyJames
05-12-2011, 10:38
And how about those who either refuse to register to Facebook or have deleted their Facebook account because Facebook is evil? ATF should keep the IRC channel open.

Trogon
05-12-2011, 17:00
As far as I know it is still "active" ... in a manner of speaking. Meaning that if one connects to "irc.oz.org" and joins #Tarot, you will be there. I am there even as I type this. However, nobody else is and haven't been for a while. :(

So, if you're on-line and read this tonight, I'll still be on for a couple of hours I expect. :D

Trogon
05-12-2011, 17:10
And how about those who either refuse to register to Facebook or have deleted their Facebook account because Facebook is evil? ATF should keep the IRC channel open.And Facebook isn't necessarily evil but it sure can be a pain in the butt to use. I just went to the AT Facebook page ... how the heck do you add Aeclectic Tarot as a "friend"???

gregory
05-12-2011, 19:46
Facebook is SO evil. Or why are they under the watchful eye of SO MANY data protection registrars all over the world ? There is no way I will be there. Then again, I've only used the IRC chat here a few times - I forget about it a lot and also my typing isn't really fast enough !

ANYWAY - IRC here still operates but no-one much goes... I think maybe a link on the main page might help....

OR when you want to chat with people - set up a temporary chatzy room ?

WolfyJames
05-12-2011, 19:50
ANYWAY - IRC here still operates but no-one much goes... I think maybe a link on the main page might help....

I can only agree, one has to dig the forums to find out about the ATF IRC chat room. The link should be right there on the main page where everyone can see it. More people could participate then.

metatron3
10-12-2011, 10:13
Since I'm an old thing I miss those days when IRC was THE place to be.
So I've put my irc application in my dock and I'm launching it everytime I open my computer : which means all day long ( or almost )
And I'm mostly alone in the #tarot chatroom on irc.oz.org
But just so you know, if you come and don't see a single word, it's normal, I can't really talk to myself ;)

cardlady22
11-12-2011, 07:03

OR when you want to chat with people - set up a temporary chatzy room ?

I can only agree, one has to dig the forums to find out about the ATF IRC chat room. The link should be right there on the main page where everyone can see it. More people could participate then.It is a Sticky thread at the top of the Chat forum. (subscribers only)