Nodes & Shadows

punkangelgcm437

If yall have been following my other thread "Why was today so full of extremes for me?"....yall understand why I put this up.

I first started out by talking about when Mars & Mercury were at opposition not too long ago..and how I was mad cuz my mom & I got into a fight. We have since got off topic and now I decided a new thread was needed.

So here it is. Do you act your opposite when your under stress??

Like Nodes or any other planets or anything.

Like...Let me try myself for an example even tho I'm not the best of one (I have my sun&venus in Libra, and my NNode, Moon, and Jupiter are in Aries). But...lets try my Mercury. I have Mercury in Virgo...thus it's opposite is Pisces. Meaning...If this opposite stuff is true I'd fight emotionally/passionately when I'm stressed. Which is probably true.

Here's a great site on nodes and anything else astrology.
http://www.bobmarksastrologer.com/TOClessons.htm

^^The Nodes section is almost all the way down, lesson number 33. That's a great section and he explains it well. He also has explanations of like...everything. Too bad schools' started again and I can't spend all day on my booty reading all of his site. LOL.

So...I'll let someone else take it away now...I've typed too much.

isthmus nekoi

w/south node in Aqu/1st, I would say at its worst, I am can be very self centered (1st) and 'kooky' to a fault (Aqu), ie. don't take as much care to try to express myself in other ppl's terms. I can sound like Tori Amos on acid, knowing full well it is difficult for others to follow me. Not very condusive to proper communication. Hm, but since I'm Aqu ASC, that's not really the opposite.

It's a weird combo having southnode in Aqu/1st as this stresses both group and self, as do Leo/7th. I find the cookbook details for the nodes will contradict each other b/c of that so maybe it's not so clear cut for me...

Moongold

Sarah,

I have learned a different approach to the Nodes that the one Bob Marks teaches, although there are some parallels.

The Nodes are sometimes seen as representations of the cycle of reincarnation - the South Node holds past life experiences that you need to move away from, and the North Node holds the things that you need to move toward.

I'm Scorpio South Node and Taurus North Node, so I need to move towards more groundedness, more reaching out and giving to others. The sorts of things that lift me away from Scorpio intensity.

punkangelgcm437

Moongold-

Your approach to nodes isn't a bad idea. But the therory of past a future is irrelevant because Sunday is the future now, but will be the past by Tuesday. So saying Sunday is represented by Aries today, but by Libra on Tuesday is a bit strange. Past & Future are such flexible and changing terms that it's hard to keep up. That's kinda why I'm not lovin it so well.

But...I like the work towards and work from part. Indeed...I need to get away from my Libraism (always seeing both sides way to clearly) and more towards Ariesism (more independent).

Isthmus- The Aquarius/Leo node system's gotta be somewhat strange. From the least extroverted (well...I think) to the most extroverted (again...I could be wrong). Seems like a constant battle of "shine in the limelight" vs. "just leave me alone!".

Lets talk about me for a sec. I dont have any Aqu planets, but Aqu is my 2nd house ruler (asc. is sag). My money and possessions...thus I'm pretty introverted about that. I guess I don't talk alot about money or possessions or brag about anything because I dont wanna offend anyone.

So that puts Leo as my 8th house ruler. Sex, death, other peoples' money and possessions, what influence I could have with those around me. Leo as being the 'limelight' kind of sign, it could mean I could have an influence to those around me (sounding songwriter-ish to any of yall?).

I think we need to pick a planet for every few days and like...discuss it or soemthing. So I guess I'll start.

*Mercury & 3rd House (Communications)*
Both my Mercury & 3rd house are ruled by water signs (Scorp & Pisces). Thus, my opposites of those are Taurus & Virgo which are both earth signs.

I'm not sure if I communicate like an earth sign when I'm stressed out...because if I do I don't notice it. I guess I might throw facts at people in the middle of my emotional yelling match, but I dont think I let myself become a "fact fighter".

So what's everyone think??

Moongold

punkangelgcm437 said:
Moongold-

Your approach to nodes isn't a bad idea. But the therory of past a future is irrelevant because Sunday is the future now, but will be the past by Tuesday. So saying Sunday is represented by Aries today, but by Libra on Tuesday is a bit strange. Past & Future are such flexible and changing terms that it's hard to keep up. That's kinda why I'm not lovin it so well.

But...I like the work towards and work from part. Indeed...I need to get away from my Libraism (always seeing both sides way to clearly) and more towards Ariesism (more independent).

Yep, Sarah, there are different approaches to most things in astrology. People take what works for them.

The approach I've learned is about past lives, not yesterday, and that's quite a lot different. Your second paragraph is congruent with what I've learned though - Moving towards other ways of acting or being.

We do that because the way we act in the present reality (South Node) might not be what makes us happy and fulfilled people. North Node stuff is the lessons we need to learn in this life.

Some people are well advanced in this (as you are becoming in terms of insight) and others take a little time :)

Keslynn

Hmmm. I don't know that I'd consider Aquariuses introverted. Two that I know LOVE to argue, often with each other and in loud voices. It's a mother/son team. He also likes to argue with you about things you already agree on. It's pretty funny sometimes.

Punkangel, the 8th house is also about transformation, which is connected with the whole death idea. Sound familiar? It's the same deal as the Death card in tarot. So keep that in mind when you're listing off 8th house attributes. Think about how you change things and how they change you.

:) Kes

punkangelgcm437

Keslynn-

Hmm. Aquarius people I think have more control over if they wanna be extro or introverted. I think they can choose so much better and control it. If they dont wanna talk...they'll let yuh know.

One of my good friends is an Aquarius...and she's a wonderful person but very introverted....almost to the point frustration. Cuz I can tell somethin's wrong but she won't talk and she keeps alot of stuff to herself. I think it's her shield from the world. :-\

8th house deals with transformation...hmm. Leo in my 8th I guess can mean I transform with lots of fire and "limelight". So when I change, the spotlight is on me? Or maybe it means I'm egotistical when I change? Hmm.

Moongold-

Past lives eh? I don't know anything about past lives...I know most people have them and that they were of my past lives...but that's about it. Hmm...I should check into that.

I think the past lives idea is cool tho...in my past I was a Libra. Neato.

isthmus nekoi

w/Mars on my Aqu ASC, I enjoy thinking all my past lives were as men lol.

When I think of oppositional signs, the first 6 signs are personal, and their corresponding opposites represent the same thing in a greater social sense.

Here's a scratchlist of what I mean.

Aries= me; Libra=me + you.

Taurus=my security/resources; Scorp= other's security etc

Gem=my culture, immediate facts; Sag=other cultures, education

Cancer=dominion over the home; Cap=dominion over the world ;)

Leo=solo spotlight; Aquarius=group w/many spotlights

Virgo=serving others, selflessness; Pisces=redemption, no-self