Can the tarot help us predict time?

poopsie

I am very curious about this question because many of my issues which I consult the Tarot on does touch on some events and time. Is there a way to know how to "tell the time" in using the tarot -like if an event or situation will happen within the month or wee, or after some months?

The reason I am also asking is because a year ago, i read a client's situation about how his business was going to be marred by several events that would lead to financial disaster. I thought it would happen within the month. I realize that everything the Tarot told us happened roughly 7 months later.

I hope some people can give me insights on this. Thanks in advance.

triple_entendre

There are astrological correspondents for the major arcana. I began with Maria Shaw's Tarot For Teens, which said that the major arcana meant "sometime very soon" while the pentacles mean spring, cups mean in the summer, wands in the autumn, and swords sometime in the winter.

I prefer the idea that drawing a card with a question of "When?" indicates events rather than minutes, but-- follow your intuition. If your eye is drawn to a number and a moon symbol, and it keeps nagging at you, maybe that's the number of months-- or if the sun, maybe the number of days. I think it might be different for every reader?

SunChariot

I am very curious about this question because many of my issues which I consult the Tarot on does touch on some events and time. Is there a way to know how to "tell the time" in using the tarot -like if an event or situation will happen within the month or wee, or after some months?

The reason I am also asking is because a year ago, i read a client's situation about how his business was going to be marred by several events that would lead to financial disaster. I thought it would happen within the month. I realize that everything the Tarot told us happened roughly 7 months later.

I hope some people can give me insights on this. Thanks in advance.

Yes and no, imo. Tarot can in theory predict anything. It CAN predict the timing of something, but it is so hard to be accurate with it (in my experience) that I no longer do timing questions except very rarely just for fun.

Timing questions, of course are about the future...as the time period we are asking abotu has not yet arrived. Questions on the future in Tarot can only give us a snapshot of where we are heading at the exact moment in time that the readign was done. That future can change, and it not set in stone.

Despite that, Tarot questions about the future usually are accurate for the most part, because most of us are creatures of habit and tend to react the same ways (predictably) to sitations and to not suddenly react in a way that is out of character for us.

But the timing of things...that is something that is very fluid. Sometimes we procrastinate or do other things that can slow things down or speed them up....for how long we choose to do that:that can be hard to predict as it could change at any moment. And, in my experience, often does.

How long we choose to procrastinate about something (or the other person in the situation does) is not about who we are, but about our thoughts. And thoughts can literallly change at any moment. And that cannot really be predicated accurately in advance.

So my answer is that yes it is possible to predict the timing of something, but it is hard enough to do so accurately that I don't bother doing it anymore.

Babs

poopsie

Thanks a lot, folks. Your insights really help!