Positive effects of divination

Kris Hughes

For anyone who has time to read it, I'd like to post a link to an article written by someone who has recently done a couple of readings for me. I am new to Tarot (although not entirely new to divination - I used to use a pendulum a lot) and would welcome any comments on this, whether in agreement or disagreement. It just really got me thinking, and points of view would be helpful.

My only connection with this fellow is the two readings he did for me, and I'm not doing this to advertise for him, or anything like that.

Here's the link:
http://www.primordialtarot.com/blog/getting-into-better-alignment-with-yourself-and-your-environment

SunChariot

Ok, the ideas he expressed are interesting in their own right, but I do not exacly share them.

Yes sometimes we do readings and we can predict an affair happening before the querent has yet thought if it. That is because Tarot can predict the future before it happens and even before the intitial thought (eg of having an affair) has yet entered the person's mind. That does not mean that the reader changed the person's energy. It just means the cards knew the future before the woman herself did. Tarot did not cause the affair of course, athough sometimes hearing about the future can actually change it, as that knowledge can at times change the way we think and feel and act, and THAT can change the future.

Also, yes things can and do at times start to change dramatically after a reading is done. But I do not believe it is for the reason your reader states: that a reading brings your energy into alignment so more powerful things can happen.

My belief on that is that if things suddenly change in your life to a great extent three weeks after a reading (for example)...then those things would have changed with or without the reading. That they were "set" to change at that time and would have regardless of the reading.

But, also part of my belief, is that when a major change is about to occur for us, the universe/life tries to get a message to us to prepare us. I do believe our lives are guided.

So let's say that life/the Universe/the Multi-verse, G-d (or however you choose to view it) knows that these changes were coming (in three weeks) and wanted to help guide the querent and help prepare them for those changes.

How this works, in my belief system, is that the querent will then feel something deep inside them...a desire or instinct to seek out that thing that will gve them the answers they need. The querent will feel an impulse to have a reading done and the specific reader who can best give her the message in the way they need to hear it will pop up on her radar. They may even get a sign that they need that reading and are meant to have it. Or just an inner sense that they need a reading. Whether that comes from the collective unconscious or from the Divine (consider that how you will), but somethign in us is connected and can sense these things. Then the querent knows inside that they need to have this reading done by this person and hires them. The reader does the reading, and the querent gets the info they were intented to have to prepare them.

So to me it's more the reverse of things the way your reader stated them.
It not my belief that just the fact of having a reading rearranges our energy so that big changes will follow. It is my belief that the changes to come incite the person to have teh reading. They just have an instinct or inner knowing that they need a reading.

To me, the changes to come cause the person to have the reading. It is not that the reading creates the changes, but in a strange way that the changes to come create the reading (or the need for it, that is then sensed and acting on by the querent).

Also about teh missing glasses story. YES, being a Tarot reader can and does improve the intuition of the reader and that may wel have been what happened. But that does not spread itself too querents! Just because the art of reading improves our intuition, does not mean that everyone we read for suddenly has an improved sense of intuition. His intuitive energy kicked in because he was the reader, not because he was the querent.

Reading is a skill that is learnt that is known to improve intuition. That is a lot like saying that if I eat a meal prepared by an expert chef, that suddenly my energy around the kitchen will improve and I will magically become a better cook.

Oh, and this was a very very interesting topic. Can't wait to hear what others have to say.

Babs

DownwardSpiral

SunChariot did an excellent job explaining how I feel : )

In the case of the affair(this could have been any number of things).......it's like planting a seed. Maybe in fact it was destined to happen....or.....the guy caught her eye...she thought about her reading.....told herself it was meant to be. Had there been no reading it's hard to say if she would have went for it. For alot of people this would be their excuse to do something they might normally not do.

I don't agree where he says that we become more intuitive when reading....if that's the case there would be no "Your Readings" forum.

Debra

This intensification of things occurs because as soon as we read the divinatory information that an oracle provides, our lives are brought into improved alignment with our primal identities, and our minds therefore become less effective at blocking and hindering the natural, ever-present energy that is our primal identities.

I think this is quite profound. Seeing the illusion of time.

Kris Hughes

Everyone here has expressed some of the thoughts I had when reading the article. A lot of good points, and yet to some extent I do agree with the author. I think that by it's very nature, divination is likely to bring one into a better alignment with the energies around us. I suspect this is more true for the reader than for the querent, but probably still very true for some querents.

I don't think this position is exclusive of the one that SunChariot offers. I think both can be true. What I have trouble with, though, is any belief that everything is mapped out or predestined. I believe that we can and do alter the course of our own story regularly. I don't think I'm predestined to have an affair, get married or die celibate. A reading may suggest to me that a particular scenario is going to present itself, it may predict the course I am most likely to take, or guide me in a certain direction. This should awaken something in me. The awareness of choice, opportunity for growth, etc. And surely if a reader is facilitating this on an intuitive level, or some higher spiritual level, for that matter, then this act would benefit them, too.

I also agree that people are suggestible, and that telling someone they are going to have an affair probably increases the likelihood of them doing so, even if the prediction is based on total BS.

Much to think about.

Debra

I bet more people will chime in over the next few days. Thanks for starting this thread, and welcome to AT :)

SunChariot

Actually, the way I view the future is that most times we are in charge of creating our futures. Mostly it's free will. But on occasion there are some things that we are meant to/destined to go through and we will go thruogh them and they cannot be avoided. These are the important life lessons that our souls agreed to pass through in this lifetime. I happen to believe in reincarnation, so that is part of my view on that. That before birth our souls agree (or arrange) to pass through certain experiences in this lifetime that will teach our souls what they most need to know. In that sense it is still our choice as we chose this beforehand, just that we don't remember that when we are here in this lifetime. There are some things of that sort that are meant to happen and we can't avoid them. But like 90% of the time we get to choose where we want to go in our futures in the here and now....

And then once in a while we hit something that falls into that 10% and it's just going to happen, no matter what. It is my belief though that when we hit on one of these that it is always always in our best interests and that we are guided through it if we pay attention.

OR sometimes also if we are about to veer off our intended path or do something that is no in our best interests (because we ourselves cannot see all the potential consequences years down the road but the universe can) we are stopped/protected and that path will close down before our eyes.

But for the most part, I also believe that what we create of our future is in our hands. My belief is that most things are not laid out or predistined, but that some things are. In my world view,the things that are predestined to happen are somewhat rare but they do exist and show up from time to time. And that is when we get that guidance through them.

For me, whether or not someone is predestined to have an affair, maybe, maybe not. Some people may be and others may not be. Each case is different. Maybe if that is part of that person's life lesson, that will complete some understanding they need from a past life, it could be their destiny. Not outside the realm of possibility, but in most cases probably not.

Babs

SunChariot

In the case of the affair(this could have been any number of things).......it's like planting a seed. Maybe in fact it was destined to happen....or.....the guy caught her eye...she thought about her reading.....told herself it was meant to be. Had there been no reading it's hard to say if she would have went for it. For alot of people this would be their excuse to do something they might normally not do.
This is very true also. That when she came to that point in time where the opportunity and urge to have an affair showed up, because she had had the reading she may have taken it as destiny and given in. Where without the reading she may not have.

Which is kind of fascinating, the thoughf of the reading not just predicting the future, but actually creating it.

Babs

nisaba

Disclaimer: I haven't read the link, I have merely looked at the subject header.

I find that when I am more immersed in divination, I am more positive and satisfied in my own life, regardless of circumstances.

When I am more immersed in divination (for others) I find I am at a loss and trying to divine for myself less.

When I am more immersed in divination, physical injuries heal quicker (a recurring knee injury that started when I was young and fit took three months for me to get off crutches back then, but the last time it happened, a couple of weeks ago, I was off crutches in less than a week with the same severity of injury).

It's just generally good for life.

Kris Hughes

Babs -That's a really interesting view about reincarnation. I'd never heard it put quite like that. I agree that we return to learn things our soul needs, and that plenty of opportunities will be given to us. How specific these are is a question I hadn't considered before. I had always thought of them in slightly more general terms. However, it surely must start with the situation into which one is born - and that is about as specific as you can get!

As for the reading creating, or at least contributing to, the future, I think that is inevitable. Perhaps that's one reason that a slightly more open interpretation is at least as helpful as an extremely specific one in a lot of cases. It makes people think about things.