Crystals; out gathering dust or safely stored for special occasions?

Le Fanu

Just wondering, how many of you have your crystals and rocks and stones and goodies constantly out and exposed, or whether you like to have them kept in safe places and only get them out for those special moods? Like those afternoons when you're on your own and you just need to dig them all out and bond with them? :)

My spheres and large black marble pyramid are on show simply because they looks so good.

There is a marble bowl filled with tumblestones and stuff which is tucked safely on the bookshelf, but my wands and obsidian are stored safely away and when I get them out, it feels like a special occasion... I have a large black obsidian scrying mirror, some obsidian palmstones, a couple of large obsidian slabs and a few other bits. These feel like they should be kept safely so their energy, their fabulousness, doesn't drain away. I keep them in cloth/silk/velvet bags in a box

What about you?

Sulis

Mine are all out on show and gathering dust.. A lot of mine are found stones though that aren't really crystals or hag stones (lots hanging in windows or just placed around the house).
I prefer stones that I find to shop bought crystals.. I think they have more meaning to me but I do have some pretty crystals dotted around the place too on mantle pieces, in my magical working area and generally just on shelves and window ledges around the house. I'm very careful about where I get my crystals from though, I don't generally buy stones unless I know they've been ethically mined.

celticnoodle

a bit of both, really. I have crystals for many reasons, and carry some with me to the new age shop where I read tarot. those are kept in a nice little draw string purse, so they are not easily lost in the deep abyss of a bag that also carries my decks, notebooks, and other paraphernalia I must take when working.

But, I also have many out in the open--yes, gathering dust, but I also do try to clean them off often. I keep a lot of my crystal balls, and other specific crystals in various places through out the house. Some are on my altar, in my meditation (also known as the junk room, as things tend to also be 'hidden' there for safe keeping), and some I keep beside my bed for they are suppose to help with dreaming, good nights sleep, etc.

I keep a citrine in my wallet at all times, and another in a change bucket to encourage positive money flow and I generally carry a small crystal ball with me in a leather purse--just big enough to carry the crystal ball.

I've also put some in plants, (now I forget which ones, :eek:) to encourage a healthy plant growth for said plant.

I have them tucked in many corners of the house for various reasons. :p hope when the time comes to move, I'm able to find them all again. :laugh:

Bhavana

I keep most of mine out where I can look at them, and enjoy them, since that is why I got them in the first place.

Le Fanu

Mine are all out on show and gathering dust.. A lot of mine are found stones though that aren't really crystals or hag stones (lots hanging in windows or just placed around the house).
I prefer stones that I find to shop bought crystals.. I think they have more meaning to me but I do have some pretty crystals dotted around the place too on mantle pieces, in my magical working area and generally just on shelves and window ledges around the house. I'm very careful about where I get my crystals from though, I don't generally buy stones unless I know they've been ethically mined.
I'm always looking for hag stones. I used to see them occasionally in the UK and never thought to keep them. Here I don't see them much. And I know exactly what you mean about found stones. I have lots of beautiful rocks that I know nothing about. I call them my non-Pedigree stones and I love them. Found on beaches or out on walks and so often we feel more of an attachment with these stones than with the glittery polished shop-bought ones, and they mean more to us.

But I do think a stone can seem more special if you don't see it or feel it every day. This is especially true of (stone or non-stone) wands I think.

Gia

I keep them out in the open on my manifesting altar, near where I do my studio readings...a few on my desk (near the computer when I do email readings), I have a pouch in which I carry crystals for readings I do at shows...I give them a good cleaning a few times a year...just last night...a spring-water bath in the light of the full moon!

Disa

Well, I have several tumbled ones that I keep in a small box with a velvet lining just to keep them all where I can find them. Many of the rough stones I keep in a silver mesh box. I have some natural stones and rocks that people have given me from places they visited that I leave out on the shelf and a few others around the house, a couple in my purse. My obsidian scrying mirrors I keep stored away until I use them.

A few times a year I sit them outside in the full moon to cleans them-though I didn't do it last night.

Oh I almost forgot, I have several small clear quartz crystals that a friend dug up and gave me that I keep in a clear candle holder in my scared space.

sfaithj

Just wondering, how many of you have your crystals and rocks and stones and goodies constantly out and exposed, or whether you like to have them kept in safe places and only get them out for those special moods? Like those afternoons when you're on your own and you just need to dig them all out and bond with them? :)

My spheres and large black marble pyramid are on show simply because they looks so good.

There is a marble bowl filled with tumblestones and stuff which is tucked safely on the bookshelf, but my wands and obsidian are stored safely away and when I get them out, it feels like a special occasion... I have a large black obsidian scrying mirror, some obsidian palmstones, a couple of large obsidian slabs and a few other bits. These feel like they should be kept safely so their energy, their fabulousness, doesn't drain away. I keep them in cloth/silk/velvet bags in a box

What about you?

my large palm stones (rainforest jasper, unakite and tiger iron) are always out on display, as are my crystals near my bed (amethyst geodes, moonstone and smoky quartz) which help me sleep and with dreaming. i do cleanse them with sage about every week. the rest are safely stored and cleansed with sage before and after i work with them.

Libra8ca

I have them tucked in many corners of the house for various reasons. :p hope when the time comes to move, I'm able to find them all again. :laugh:

I did the same and now I can't find some of them either :laugh: I placed them strategically for Feng Shui purposes and to improve the energy field of my place.

All of my crystals / crystal balls / stone carvings are scattered around my apartment for decoration purposes and are gathering an embarassing amount of dust. :eek: Every once in a while I gather them up and wash them. My favourites are my amethyst and pyrite clusters and my crystal balls.

peaceandkarma

Some of my Crystals are on display like ornaments while some are tucked away. I have a mixture of both.