Deck of the week Sign up thread - week 20 - 17th -2th December 2011

NikkiB

Hi there

This thread is for those who would like to work through their collection of decks - each week on a Saturday we will be picking a new deck to work with exclusively for the week.

Anyone welcome please do join us!

1. Please post with your chosen deck for the week - if you wish you can choose 1 tarot and 1 oracle so you can participate in all areas of the forum

2. chat away about your deck, how your finding it etc

3. Daily Draws can be recorded in our Group Daily draws thread: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=162344

4. Please feel free to join us in an informal exchange circle for members only:

Tarot Reading circle: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?p=2977636#post2977636

Oracle Reading circle: Will create if requested.

Participants

1. NikkiB - MerryDay Tarot
2. Elendil - Tarot leaves
3. Est - Shadowscapes
4. AJ - Gaian oracale
5. VGimlet - Shadowfox and the Psychicks
6. Bodhiseed - Margarete Peterson Tarot and the Heart of Faerie Oracle
7. Mi-Shell - Soprifino
8. Flaxen - Sheridan Douglas tarot
9. Eyebright - Lo Scarabeo
10. Tarot Fairy - Lo Scarabeo
11. Jema - Servents of the light
12. Desertrat - Initiatory tarot of the Golden Dawn.
13. Annabel398 - Tarot of the Master
14. Chiska - Kingdom Within
15. Vee - iJJ Swiss
16. Madame Squee - Karty deck

AJ

Hi Nik, I got the Gaian in trade this week, I'm in the process of trimming it, so I will be using the Gaian Oracle this week :) So many renamed cards the titles just confuse me...better to be reading the images.

thanks for keeping up the momentum

Est

I'd love to join in for the first time! I'm going to use the Shadowscapes, as I've been neglecting that recently. Thank you, NikkiB :)

Elendil

Tarot Leaves for me this week.

NikkiB

Hi Nik, I got the Gaian in trade this week, I'm in the process of trimming it, so I will be using the Gaian Oracle this week :) So many renamed cards the titles just confuse me...better to be reading the images.

thanks for keeping up the momentum

Is this the Tony C one? if so I have that and love it!

I'd love to join in for the first time! I'm going to use the Shadowscapes, as I've been neglecting that recently. Thank you, NikkiB :)

Welcome, great to have you join us!

VGimlet

This week it is the Shadowfox (shudder of apprehension) and the Psychicks. :p

BodhiSeed

Well I'll be resting my brain from the Quantum and Universe decks, and have a go with the Margarete Peterson Tarot and the Heart of Faerie Oracle this coming week.

Hey AJ, will you scan a few cards of the Gaia Oracle after you trim them?:D

Mi-Shell

Hi again!
I will stay with the Soprafino for this week- or until the Solstice anyway :)

AJ

Hey AJ, will you scan a few cards of the Gaia Oracle after you trim them?:D

I haven't added them to the index, but I've added them to the thread.

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=165283&page=2

Nikki, it is the recently released Llewellyn Gaian Tarot by Joanna Powell Colbert.
I know many members were ga-ga waiting for this tarot to be finished but after trimming it, which is like ironing a blouse, when you are finished you Really know what you got... I found the deck to be just plain weird. The painting parts are beautiful, but there seems to be a lot of collaged real faces/people that stick out like sore thumbs compared to the painted ones, and then a lot of mostly birds stuck in here and there like stickers. I think in the end, because much of it is really well done, I'll end up just tossing some of the cards.

We'll see when the week is over. I know without the titles I'll bet there aren't 10 cards I can identify as it's intended suit number or court.

Flaxen

Random number generator has picked the Sheridan Douglas tarot for me. :)