A card reader's calendar

annabel398

Sort of a fun query and sort of a marketing query... What events in the calendar call out for a card reader to ply his or her trade? I'll start with a few:

JANUARY - New Year's, First Night, or what have you. Great time to book parties

FEBRUARY - Mardi Gras/Carnaval. Laissez les bon cartes roulez!

MARCH - St. Patrick's Day... Time to break out the runes and Celtic-themed decks

Anyone else got ideas?

BeyondtheVeil

Definitely Halloween. Those are always fun. :)

annabel398

*sigh* and I thought this topic would generate some fun discussion and outside-the-box thinking... so thanks for saving it from oblivion, btv.

Yes Halloween! And it's not a fixed holiday, but I think biker rallies would be a great opportunity to read. Those guys and gals are, er, free spirits, and they usually have money.

What about spring break?

BeyondtheVeil

*sigh* and I thought this topic would generate some fun discussion and outside-the-box thinking... so thanks for saving it from oblivion, btv.

Yes Halloween! And it's not a fixed holiday, but I think biker rallies would be a great opportunity to read. Those guys and gals are, er, free spirits, and they usually have money.

What about spring break?

Sorry that it wasn't outside the box! *hugs* I was just trying to get it going for ya. :)

I think any type of rallies and conventions where there are free spirits and/or just open minded people could be a great place to set up shop.

Spring Break would be another one! :thumbsup: I know that everyone is out to have fun, they have some spending money, and they usually are up for anything. :) I think my first reading was at the beach on vacation. lol I just wanted to do something "different". {Back then, it was definitely 'different" for me}. lol

You have some great ideas! Hopefully other people will join in on the thread. They could be busy with the holiday and traveling. Maybe later in the week things will pick up and you will get a lot of ideas?

Hugs,
BeyondtheVeil

annabel398

Sorry that it wasn't outside the box! *hugs* I was just trying to get it going for ya. :)

Ack! That isn't what I was trying to say at all! I'm so happy it finally got a reply!

Anyhow, how funny that you got your first reading on spring break. I tend to think of college students as perpetually broke, but I'm clearly projecting from my own days in school...

Ha, maybe I should start a companion thread: terrible occasions to read the cards. At the Easter parade, at a scientific convention, at the orthodontist's...

poivre

Friday the 13th would be a good day for card readings.
There are usually one or two every year and at different times! :)

BeyondtheVeil

Ack! That isn't what I was trying to say at all! I'm so happy it finally got a reply!

Anyhow, how funny that you got your first reading on spring break. I tend to think of college students as perpetually broke, but I'm clearly projecting from my own days in school...

Ha, maybe I should start a companion thread: terrible occasions to read the cards. At the Easter parade, at a scientific convention, at the orthodontist's...

:laugh: That would be a funny thread! :) You forgot to add.. church social. :D lol

I think most college kids are broke. lol I was meaning that Spring Break they are wanting to do some "fun' things. They won't be able to pay for a $65 dollar reading, but I am sure they can rake up $20-$25 dollars.

Babalon Jones

I like to do readings at the Solstices, Equinoxes, cross-quarter days, and new & full moons

Gia

I'm getting slammed with requests for private readings as well as parties for those wishing to get their new year off to a good start...so New Year too!

poopsie

This may sound commonplace and corny but somehow, February 14 or that week you can invite other tarot readers to do a "love" reading for couples ... I notice that people get curious about each other ... you may encounter questions like: is he/she THE ONE? Are we compatible? and so on ...