Llewellyn's Daily Planetary Guide...

Tiddles

Has anyone gotten this in the past or the current 2012 one? It's a daily guide and calendar. I am also curious about: Your Astrology Guide 2012 by Rick Levine, Jeff Jawer. If anyone has any opinions on this or these types of books let me know, please.

Minderwiz

Has anyone gotten this in the past or the current 2012 one? It's a daily guide and calendar. I am also curious about! 2012 by Rick Levine, Jeff Jawer. If anyone has any opinions on this or these types of books let me know, please.

They are in the long tradition of Astrological Almanacs. A mixture of ephemeris, aspectarian, comment, predictions and advice. The object is and always has been to get you to buy each annual edition, as it has been a great source of income to Astrologers, virtually since the invention of the printing press. Some very well known Astrologers have published them and in the seventeenth century they sold like hot cakes.

As each buyer gets the same book independent of their own charts, the 'your' in the title is basically your sun sign these days. They can be good fun but don't treat them too seriously, no matter what the cover claims. Remember that these days you can find much of the material free on the internet but if you can buy at a good price then they can be worth considering.

214red

I have the daily diary, i am a bit confused by some of the markings, but will get used it , i am wondering if its any good, anyways i need a diary so it seemed to make sense to add the planets movements to it.i like the fact this one is energy transits not linked to my birth chart so i can relate it to my chart...not sure how yet!
it only started today so i cant say much about it!

MareSaturni

I have considered buying it. more because of the ephemeris (although I realize you can find them for free on the web)... and also to see what an Astrology almanac looks like. We have almanac that include some astrology here, but not ones that are all about astrology (unfortunately).

So I am curious to see how other will answer to this thread. :)

214red

I have considered buying it. more because of the ephemeris (although I realize you can find them for free on the web)... and also to see what an Astrology almanac looks like. We have almanac that include some astrology here, but not ones that are all about astrology (unfortunately).

So I am curious to see how other will answer to this thread. :)

i will report back after using it this week and see if it makes sense, at the moment its tad confusing, but its likely because i am not used to it, timings are also not in GMT so am always having to remember to convert them, i think they perhaps should have put the times not just for USA users but made it a bit more global

BigLuna

I prefer the Celestial Influences dayplanners and calendars by Jim Maynard at Quicksilver Productions. I find it easier to read than the Llewellyn calendar. Seems their both for Eastern or Pacific times in the USA. Everyone else has to use a little math.

I use the calendar mainly for the daily moon sign. It's a great tool for tracking the Moon and learning how you fare through the signs and phases. Making notes is a way of journaling your behavior with each of the moon signs.

I recently bought some software that allows me to print my own calendar with transits to my natal chart. Obviously, that's much better than general planetary notes which might not have any personal influence.

You can see the Celestial Influences calendars at http://www.quicksilverproductions.com

214red

what was the software you brought BL?

I must admit i brought the diary for the same thing, and the moon listings seem to link to my daily cards which is great.

BigLuna

It's Day Watch calendar software from Matrix Software. www.thenewage.com

It's very good, but a bit pricey. $179

214red

i am kind of liking the fact it lists where the moon is, this i am finding very helpful, but thats all i have tried so far, but i have got space to put my own notes in and general diary stuff in there too. I am going to attempt to use the other details this week, i also like having things like the moon through the signs, i didnt think i would like it, but i do.

Tiddles

Thanks for the update red, good to know.