Which tarot deck do you trust the most?

poopsie

I've been using the RWS but there are times I feel it has mood swings. Sometimes, it gives me very insightful aha readings and there are times, it doesn't make sense.

I realize that I seem to be trusting my Liber T and Etruscan Tarot more because everytime I use them to do readings especially on myself, it does give me honest, and strategic "aha" answers. I'm starting to "trust" these decks more than my RWS.

Does anyone have similar experiences? Do you have decks that have never let you dow, decks that you trust?

nisaba

I trust all my decks. Once I didn't, but I realised that it was *me* who did the readings. I can read with anything, now, even decks I actively dislike.

celticnoodle

I tend to read in the store with my Robin Wood deck the most. I use to take about 3 different decks in, and allowed the sitter to choose. 9x out of 10, they chose the robin wood and I so I got tired of carrying the others in with me.

The Robin Wood is a wonderful deck, nice size to shuffle, and pleasant pictures. So, I tend to rely on that one for most of my reading.

That said, I have a few favorites for reading-a bit numerous to mention here. One deck that I do love, but cannot really read well with is the shadowscapes. so, it remains my mediating deck for the time being. I hope one day it changes into a more readable deck for me.

Alta

To me, certain decks I can just 'sink into' more easily than with others and my intuition flows more easily with them. But I am fairly sure that is more about me than the decks themselves.

gregory

I trust all my decks. Once I didn't, but I realised that it was *me* who did the readings. I can read with anything, now, even decks I actively dislike.

To me, certain decks I can just 'sink into' more easily than with others and my intuition flows more easily with them. But I am fairly sure that is more about me than the decks themselves.

Both these ring true with me.

But my go-to decks at the moment are Pagan Cats and Sweet Twilight.

Hathor

I love all my decks, but there's something about the Deviant Moon. We got a thing going on, and it did help me find my missing sister a couple of years back. The Deviant Moon holds a very special spot in my heart.

Sulis

This is exactly how I feel about this. I think realising that the readings came from me and not from the deck I was using was a massive revelation to me and helped me to stop doubting my readings.

This also rings very true. Whilst I know that I can read with any deck, there are certain decks that I feel the most comfortable with and those are my main reading decks.
At the moment I'm reading with the CBD Tarot de Marseilles and I'm just using that deck - I feel I'm developing a bond with it.
Before that I used The Hoi Polloi tarot for a year and trusted it and my readings with it completely.

Carla

I like all my decks, but I am most comfortable with Morgan Greer. Love that one.

Nineveh

Renaissance has been the most accurate for me but I've trained with Rider Waite and use that one when "moved" to do so.

SunChariot

None.

I purposely try to not use one more than the other. I just sense which deck will give me the best answer before starting a reading. Also, I like to pull out a deck I have not used in a good long time each and everytime I read. I try never to use the same one twice in a row. That is part of my reading style, I guess you coulkd say,

The way I read, the meaning comes mainly from the image. So it feels important to me to have lots of decks and rotate them and use them all. That way I only use each quite rarely and by the time I do pull a deck out I forget it's imagery and what I saw in it the last time. That way it is almost like reading with a brand new deck each time. At least that is how it feels.

To me personally, I don't feel it is a question of trusting one deck more than another. It's, for me, just a question of trusting myself. I trust that my instincts will be right when I sense which deck is best for the reading, And I trust that I then will see what I need to in the cards and in their images. I guess I trust all my decks equally. I just trust in my reading skills and that they will work equally wtih any of my decks.

Babs