Does anyone have any Tarot tattoos?

intuition897

I'm hoping to someday put a tattoo on my back of the four Queens, symbolizing the four elements, the four seasons, and the four directions as well as the four highest expressions of human femininity. Finding balance in these four femininities that are a part of every woman brings balance and allows for better, fuller expression of our gifts. I'm probably going to start with the dueling Queen of Swords and Queen of Hearts. I recognize each of the Queens in myself, but these two are the most at odds: heart vs. mind.

Anyone else out there have - or planning to have - a Tarot-based tattoo? Details! Details!

triple_entendre

I'd like the flower on the flag of the RWS Death card at the base of the spine, in bright pink with black outlines. Or maybe tattooed on my left ribcage. I've heard that either would be far more painful than the average tattoo and it disqualifies me from blood donations, but I seem to always be underweight for the latter anyway. Maybe silk-screened?

I've both been depressed enough to make multiple suicide attempts, and have seen friends and family die in accident or illness. It would serve as a reminder of what I've been through, actually everyone else will go through eventually. It's a reminder to keep my balance (but that will be difficult if I tattoo it on my back, where I can't see it often unless I take up gymnastics again or something.)

The mobius strip also looks cool, like what hovers over the heads of The Magician and lady Strength's, and it's very simple.

nisaba

I wouldn't do tattoos, because it would have to be Temperance from the Granny Jones deck - and that is such a niche deck that no one would recognise it, and everyone would think it's sweet that I had a tatt of my grandmother <grin>.

However.

Next time I buy a factory-new car, I'm going to get good colour-photocopies of all my Chariot cards, laminate them, and adhere them in a line around the body of the car instead of car-stickers. Somehow, I can't come at doing that to a second-hand car - their personalities seem already formed by previous owners and I've never yet bought a car from a Tarotista, it seems.

Cassandra022

inshallah, i shall be getting ouroboros tattoo within the next week. kinda tarot related, lol

intuition897

I'd like the flower on the flag of the RWS Death card at the base of the spine, in bright pink with black outlines. Or maybe tattooed on my left ribcage. I've heard that either would be far more painful than the average tattoo and it disqualifies me from blood donations, but I seem to always be underweight for the latter anyway. Maybe silk-screened?

Sadly I think my iron count is usually too low to allow me to donate blood.

I have a small tattoo on my ribcage. It was actually less painful than the one on my lower back.

I've both been depressed enough to make multiple suicide attempts, and have seen friends and family die in accident or illness. It would serve as a reminder of what I've been through, actually everyone else will go through eventually. It's a reminder to keep my balance (but that will be difficult if I tattoo it on my back, where I can't see it often unless I take up gymnastics again or something.)

I'm sorry to hear that triple entendre. I'm not particularly superstitious, but I believe it's never a good idea to put something on one's body that reminds one of anything negative. We're inundated every day with negativity; whatever you put on your body, be sure that it is something that reminds you of life, not death. :) As long as that is what the Death card represents for you - and the flower is the perfect example - I'd say go for it!

The mobius strip also looks cool, like what hovers over the heads of The Magician and lady Strength's, and it's very simple.

That's another really good one! I'll have to think about how to incorporate that into mine, too.