PDA

View Full Version : Happy New Year

dadsnook2000
01-01-2012, 23:19
It is now 2012 and a number of significant sky patterns will be experienced this year, many affecting each of our charts in some way. Much of what we experience will be what we want and need to experience ---- in that effort, I wish each of you joy and success. Some of us may find challenges we would rather not face ---- in those cases I wish you fortitude and support from your friends. In all, I hope all of us succeed in all ways important to us, have good health, and enjoy each other's company on this list. Happy New Year. Dave

Minderwiz
02-01-2012, 04:23
Happy New Year, Dave!!

caridwen
02-01-2012, 05:10
Happy New Year:)

Saturness
02-01-2012, 11:33
I wish you all a wonderful 2012!

I really hope this year brings a positive transformation to us all, even if this has to come through hardships. And I wish you all many opportunities to learn and to use your knowledge!

Personally, I'd like to thank you for your help during 2011. Thank you for answer my silly and sometimes confused questions. This astrological journey has been a pleasure most of the time, but occasionally a reason for headache. Thank you for your support, and for 2012 I can only promise more questions... ;)

celticnoodle
02-01-2012, 22:19
Thank you, Dadsnook and Marina and same to all of you and all AT'ers.

I dont know much about astrology, but often come in here to read what is happening. :) I leave theastronomy to my sister who is into it big time. I often have herexplain what I readhere to me. I wonder how this year will be. Last yearwas very interesting and I think this year will be as well!

Thank you to all of you who do post such interesting tbings on this thread. I am still out of the know on astrology and astronomy but I have enjoyed what I have read here and slowly learning bit by bit. :P

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL!

Ronia
11-01-2012, 19:26
A Very Happy New Year to all from me too! :)

As about the rest, after all the personal readings I got, I'm quite positive already that I better don't get any new ones. Frankly, not even 50% was true, for one reason or another. Therefore, I decided it's healthier for me to start a year with less predictions and more faith, regardless what happens in the skies. Otherwise, I either hope too much based on positive predictions or I lose hope based on negative ones. Here is for a happy, fulfilling, abundant 2012! :D

P.S. That excludes Minderwiz's horary which are always spot on. :)

dadsnook2000
12-01-2012, 02:03
I agree with you about self-prediction efforts. I live for astrology (I love to do charts and write about those charts), but I don't live by astrology (I only do my charts after the fact so as to learn from them). I like to live life without being mis-guided by myself.

As for those Horary charts, have you ever asked yourself why they work, what is done differently from the way other charts are done? If you find the answer you may end up learning a lot about the practice of astrology. Dave

Ronia
13-01-2012, 05:33
Yes, I've been asking myself this question. I actually started trying to do horary charts myself and trying to learn from what others commented on them here. But I haven't found the exact answer yet.

dadsnook2000
13-01-2012, 10:10
Oh, no, Ronia, you missed the point. I meant, literally, what does one of Minderwiz's readings do that makes the Horary reading work?!

The question is specific. The answer is specific. The reference to the planets and houses, etc. is specific to the question. In other words, each astrological factor is nuanced to the question.

Mars is not anger, action, heat, surgery, blood letting, passion, creativity, forceful steps to address something, hands on manipulation, fixing something, working with fire, etc. No, it is one of those things relative to the question.
** How do I get her attention? Punch her in the face.
** What do I do when I'm upset? Speak your mind, loudly.
** Should I be delicate about this situation? No, jump into it with force and passion.
** Do you like these pastel colors? No, it needs more bright red in the middle of it.

The problem that many have when reading a natal chart is that they are trying to take a broad view --- you can't be wrong if you are not specific. What if you looked at the chart in a series of narrow views? You could end up with a number of specific views. Now, that would give you specific answers from which you could piece together a cohesive initial assessment that would be sort of correct. Then you could refine the big picture.

Sometimes we need to stop and change the rules by which we play the game. I do this all of the time. Dave

Ronia
19-01-2012, 04:22
Yes, I understand what you mean but then, how about annual predictions? I can testify I haven't had even one that guessed even about 30% of the year ahead. And I've had them done by different and well known astrologers, neither too modern, nor too fancy, just well respected ones. What does it say? Annual should be more specific, no? Especially considering I'm always asked what I'm most interested in and I always keep my answers as specific as possible, i.e. will there be poisitve development/chances career/job wise or romantic wise... Or similar. I don't ask them to tell me on which day of the year I'll get an interview but, as an example, for this year I got something like "progressive Moon will conjunct progressive Sun, so times of change..." Um... Right. What changes, I ask, but I get that it's in Sagittarius, so anything ruled by this sign is possible. Well, that's not exactly what I'd expect from someone who knows astrology much better than me, you know? because the changes in Sagittarius is something I can guess myself easily. LOL And so on. Thankfully, the negative predictions seem to be equally guessed which makes me believe it's better to not get any predictions. But this is me. I still love to learn astrology though. :) And I'd love to learn predictive astrology too.

dadsnook2000
20-01-2012, 04:31
It took some time for me to coalesce the tools that worked into a unified system for tracking and prediction. Also some time and lots of work to decide on what to throw out of my astrological tool box. So much of what is written is just a rewrite of prior statements. As of now, I'm operating on about 10 to 15 percent of all of the astrological stuff I have encountered in over 40 years. And, I've tried everything.

I define "prediction" as . . . defining the nature of events, and their timing, within a closely bounded period of time. Yes, we can define a general tone or theme for a year, but one really has to know what will happen when.

So, how accurate is this predictive stuff? We have to start with the natal chart and how it has come to express itself in one's current life. We have to know about the context of a person's life as the symbol descriptions that we make as astrologers has to be scaled and nuanced to the life of the subject. Jupiter can be one thing to a King or Leader of a country, another thing to a banker, another thing to a young adult or for someone living in the poor house.

Next, using some understanding of how one uses their planets, one can identify the 10 or 20 days within a year's period when a number of factors come together. There are certain groupings of planetary energy that seem to occur when we experience powerful and changing events. We blend natal patterns with transiting daily patterns to come up with statements that relate to one's lifestyle and endeavors, leaving the subject to fill in the blanks.

When the astrologers can dialog with the subject prior to, following, or both prior and following a session, then the predictive statements can be tuned in terms of how they are likely to play out. The timing is not an issue as it is always correct. It's just "how" we choose to use our symbols. Dave

Queen Hippolyta
26-01-2012, 12:05
新年快樂!