PDA

View Full Version : Need help using multe-quotes

Grizabella
04-01-2012, 22:10
I know one of the new features we have here is the ability to quote more than one person in a post, but I haven't figured out how to use it yet. Can someone help me with that?

gregory
04-01-2012, 22:20
I know one of the new features we have here is the ability to quote more than one person in a post, but I haven't figured out how to use it yet. Can someone help me with that?

Yis :*

See at the bottom right of the post where you hit quote ? To the right of THAT is a little person icon. Click that. It will go cream coloured. Carry on and click the little person under every post you want to quote. When you have all the ones you want to quote coloured - THEN hit post reply at the bottom of the page. The quotes will all be there.

As an aside - I THINK they show up in the order you click them, NOT in the order they were posted in the thread - I seem to recall being rather startled by this once... But I may be wrong...

No - I am right - I just tested it. So click in the order you want them quoted !

Alta
04-01-2012, 22:21
See at the far right, after the Edit and Quote buttons, there is a small button that looks like a person's head with small lines radiating out. When you click that, it turns yellow. After you have clicked all posts that you wish to quote, then just use the Reply button and they'll all come up.

ETA: oops, gregory and I were posting at the same time.

gregory
04-01-2012, 22:23
I iz stalking you :D

Grizabella
04-01-2012, 23:01
OK thanks so much, gregory and Alta! I'm not very good at figuring things out for myself sometimes.

gregory
04-01-2012, 23:46
OK thanks so much, gregory and Alta! I'm not very good at figuring things out for myself sometimes.

Nah - I am just a geek :D

Tuilirose
04-01-2012, 23:59
Yis :*

I THINK they show up in the order you click them, NOT in the order they were posted

I iz stalking you :D

This is a test Post of the above info, I would like to learn this also.

Thanks for the help, and Grizabella, thanks for the question, I'll bet there are more ATers who have wondered at this ability to dazzle by using multiple quotes!

ETA, well, I didn't mean to mix gregory's quote together with Alta's, and the 'kiss' was supposed to be a smiley! Guess I need a little more practice!

gregory
05-01-2012, 00:29
This is a test Post of the above info, I would like to learn this also.

Thanks for the help, and Grizabella, thanks for the question, I'll bet there are more ATers who have wondered at this ability to dazzle by using multiple quotes!

ETA, well, I didn't mean to mix gregory's quote together with Alta's, and the 'kiss' was supposed to be a smiley! Guess I need a little more practice!
No - I think you just accidentally deleted something in the middle. The kiss (aimed at Griz !!!) is from MY original post :D

You are doing OK !

gregory
05-01-2012, 00:39
OH MY.

I have an interesting issue with quotes.

Earlier today, I multiquoted somewhere - actually I think it was here ! Which makes it even odder. As I have the same thing under THIS response box.

I just went to answer something.

I got this message about having selected "multiple quotes that are not part of this thread" and did I want to quote them or deselect them.

Why ?? What the blazes ? and so on....

What I got is attached.... I mean - PARDON ? (OMG. WELL - I just thought I'd "quote them" and they are quotes about runes that I never saw in my LIFE before....)

Cat*
05-01-2012, 06:11
I got this message about having selected "multiple quotes that are not part of this thread" and did I want to quote them or deselect them.

Why ?? What the blazes ? and so on....

What I got is attached.... I mean - PARDON ? (OMG. WELL - I just thought I'd "quote them" and they are quotes about runes that I never saw in my LIFE before....)
I also got that message before, but I don't remember the exact circumstances.

I have something else to add to the multiquote thing, though.
If you select one or more posts to quote by way of the little "head" button, and then DON'T hit "reply to thread" in THIS thread, but go over to ANOTHER thread and hit "reply to this thread" THERE, you get all your quotes in THAT reply box. That was something that confused ME the first time it happened. :)
(Solution: just delete what you don't want quoted)

gregory
05-01-2012, 18:44
I also got that message before, but I don't remember the exact circumstances.

I have something else to add to the multiquote thing, though.
If you select one or more posts to quote by way of the little "head" button, and then DON'T hit "reply to thread" in THIS thread, but go over to ANOTHER thread and hit "reply to this thread" THERE, you get all your quotes in THAT reply box. That was something that confused ME the first time it happened. :)
(Solution: just delete what you don't want quoted)

OOh....

The MOST fun bit is them showing in the order you hit the little heads though ! That can be SO useful....