not really a crystal, I know, I know...but..

Hemera

I was given a light grey pearl as a gift recently and while it´s not a valuable one at all I love it dearly. I wear it every day and it has once again made me think about pearls and why they make me feel so good. Their inner peace and sernity is so contagious that I feel better for almost just being near them. Luckilly there are invaluable ones available these days so acquiring them is not a problem.
Does anyone else love pearls?
This is what I found on a quick search:

Pearls symbolize Purity, Spiritual Transformation, Charity, Honesty, Wisdom and Integrity, all the best within us. Pearls provide a clear vehicle for the advancing states of wisdom, as well as a clean channel for receipt of spiritual guidance.

Pearls can stimulate your femininity and help with self acceptance. They lift your spirits and make you feel calm and beautiful. They remind us to walk with Dignity.

Pearls not only provide a mirror in which to see ourselves, but give us insight into how we appear to others.

The ragged, rough grain of sand, transformed over time slowly growing into a object of great value and beauty. With it's humble beginnings, Pearls symbolize innocence and a pure heart, and help us get in touch with the simple honest things of life.

White: Symbol of pure heart and mind; innocence, faith.

Gold and Black: Also for prosperity.

Pink: Works especially with the heart Chakra.

Physical:For solar plexus Chakra (digestion, stomach, immunity) and emotional stress.

Keywords: Purity , honesty, innocence and integrity, concentration, focus, meditation, serenity, tranquility and wisdom.

Elements: Water

Astrological Sign: Cancer and Gemini

Vibrates to the number 7

Attachments

• pearls_colours.jpg
    pearls_colours.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 123

cardlady22

I like pearls, but in the smaller sizes. My mother-in-law likes her stones larger than shooter marbles. :p

moonbear

I've always loved pearls. When I was a child I remember my mother wearing hers and they just always looked so beautiful. Plus, they dress up the plainest clothes and just always look great. I have a small necklace of pearls that my daughter made me from a broken set. When I wear them they have a calming effect, I kid you not, even on a busy day shopping in the supermarket!
In Cassell's Dictionary of Superstitions it says that pearls are said to cure depression. Also give a baby a gift of a pearl it will guarantee it a long life.
And sleeping with a pearl beneath the pillow is also said to help childless couples have a baby. Nice thought that :)

Hemera

I'. When I wear them they have a calming effect, I kid you not, even on a busy day
This is so true! I think somehow I get the strongest effect from pearls these days compared to crystals. I was once told that when you get older your ascendant sign starts to have more effect on you than the sun sign. Well, both my ascendant and my Moon sign is Cancer. Maybe that´s why my reaction to pearls is getting so much stronger?

moonbear

Hemera, that's an interesting point. My zodiac sign is Aries, ascendant sun Virgo (I had to look this up online because I'm not much into this but it did prove very interesting) and my Moon sign is Cancer. (I already knew I was born during a waxing moon...I had hoped I was born during a full moon but no such luck!) So maybe that's true, that the effect of your zodiac sign lessens with age. I must admit, when I was younger I loved reds very much, wore them alot, now though it's blues and lilacs. So something has changed.

And incidentally pearls received as a gift will bring good luck :)

Hemera

My zodiac sign is Aries,
And so is mine *waves*
I must admit, when I was younger I loved reds very much, wore them alot, now though it's blues and lilacs. So something has changed.
Yes, precisely! Same thing for me. It had to be red stones and diamonds (tiny ones only, of course :) ) and I would have thought pearls are for whimps!

I wonder if they have heard about this in the Astrology threads. I must go and check this out in there..(We don´t want to get OT here now do we :) )

moonbear

And so is mine *waves*
waves happily back :*

I wonder if they have heard about this in the Astrology threads. I must go and check this out in there..(We don´t want to get OT here now do we :) )

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

But back on topic, you've really given me food for thought over those pearls. I wonder if I should think of putting them out under the full moon like I do my little moonstones?

dicey

I do love pearls. Luckily, from where I live, pearls are easy to come by. I do notice that the people who wear pearls are usually those who have a certain sophistication, and want to exude a certain class.

Funny though that I have never thought of pearls as something akin to a crystal. But thanks for mentioning it though. Next time I wear my pearls, I'll try to see if I"ll be able to feel something different.

Bhavana

Well, I am a Libra, Taurus rising, Capricorn moon....but I ADORE pearls, and wear them often. And I don't just save them for dress up - I wear my pearls with blue jeans and cowboy boots!
I have rings, bracelets, necklaces, including 2 dyed pearl necklaces, one is a lariat style with lavender pearls and garnets dangling from the end, the other brown pearls with silver beads. I really like grey and other pale colored pearls. I have my mom's old pearls, hers are graduated in size - bigger where the necklace hangs just below your throat, then getting smaller as you go towards the clasp. They have that darker, older look to them - but very beautiful...they just need to be restrung.

You are right, something about them does make you feel good - and they looks so luminous next to your skin....they make you look and feel better, and they are sooo feminine - I mean, it's the one gemstone that you just don't see in any men's jewelry. They are strictly for females. And they are from the ocean!

MCsea

Ocean Pearls are layers of aragonite-calcite and conchiolin.
IMHO
Pearls bestow limitless spiritual guidance, deep wisdom, and reconnection with honest emotions. They allow inner light to guide through the abyss.
They help you raise awareness by experiencing the world too many take for granted.
Affirmation for Pearls: I realise my true potential.
resonate with the 7th degree of Scorpio
and Sabian Symbol: Deep-sea divers

I wore pearls on my wedding day, and have recently been given some dark grey/blue grey pearls - magic :)