Moon trine Neptune

LovelyMissAries

Hello,

I have moon in taurus in the 12th house trine neptune in capricorn in the 8th. I've read my moon is 'exalted' but i don't understand how that influences it's placement. i also want to understand why it's special that they're in the 12th and 8th houses. When I was telling one person, they said I must be extremely psychic. I have moments but not as often as I thought considering those placements. I wanted to know if people with Moon trine Neptune are less empathic than those with squares or conjunctions of the same planets. I thought squares were more apparent in the personality and harder to control for the individual. I might be wrong but that's why I'm asking. :)

Minderwiz

The Moon is exalted in Taurus - this is a dignity that strengthens the Moon, and is second only to being in its own sign of Cancer. It doesn't matter in which house it is in - it only needs to be in Taurus, to gain dignity.

It can gain more dignity from its House placement - however the twelfth is traditionly not a good place to be (the eighth and sixth ate likewise not particularly good). Traditionally the twelfth related to enemies, prisons, hospitals, monastries and other closed institutions, as the twelfth relates to the secret and hidden.

Modern Astrologers tend not to like to talk in terms of negatives o 'bad things, and so have looked for at least some 'good there. They have done this through a modern device which links houses and signs (and planets) so Pisces=12th House=Neptune. And this has led many to identify the twelfth with the psychic as well as other occult matters.

So you can see where the comment about being psychic comes from. Now, personally, I think this is a distortion because its the Ninth house that relates to prophesies and dreams, and which I would use for 'psychic issues in a Horary question. But as far as I can determine there's no natal signature for psychic abilities and I know of no research on the matter - not that there's much chance of that.

My wife is psychic and she has a Pisces Moon in the tenth house, just conjunct the MC. Her Moon trines the ASC, which is in Cancer - ruled by the Moon.but has no aspect to Neptune. I'm not suggesting this is a signature for psychic powers, simply that Neptune/Moon aspects are not such an indicator. No doubt some psychics may have them but of themselves they don't show such powers.

Razzberry

I must agree that Moon trine Neptune definitely assists with psychic ability. I have it and I know many others who have it and compared to those who don't these people share one specific trait - major empathy, sensitivity to others and a very easy flowing intuition.

Some are not aware that they are like this but it stands out to me very much. Those friends (and myself) with the trine are very sensitive to any suffering, very sensitive to negativity, very compassionate...

So I very much agree that the Moon trine Neptune aspect makes your reception very fine-tuned (more or less, of course, depending on other aspects to the chart.) A strong Moon and/or Neptune aside from this aspect would definitely help, especially a water Moon, or a water Neptune if Neptune is strong in the chart. Conjunctions to the Ascendant, or if the ascendant is Cancer, Pisces, even Scorpio, any water emphasis helps. Like I mentioned, all elements in balance help out as well but I think Moon/Neptune connections favor intuitiveness and sensitivity.

LovelyMissAries

I must agree that Moon trine Neptune definitely assists with psychic ability. I have it and I know many others who have it and compared to those who don't these people share one specific trait - major empathy, sensitivity to others and a very easy flowing intuition.

Some are not aware that they are like this but it stands out to me very much. Those friends (and myself) with the trine are very sensitive to any suffering, very sensitive to negativity, very compassionate...

So I very much agree that the Moon trine Neptune aspect makes your reception very fine-tuned (more or less, of course, depending on other aspects to the chart.) A strong Moon and/or Neptune aside from this aspect would definitely help, especially a water Moon, or a water Neptune if Neptune is strong in the chart. Conjunctions to the Ascendant, or if the ascendant is Cancer, Pisces, even Scorpio, any water emphasis helps. Like I mentioned, all elements in balance help out as well but I think Moon/Neptune connections favor intuitiveness and sensitivity.

If you added Moon trine Uranus (I have that too.) would that double the intuition?

I do have an extreme sensitivity to negativity. Even something as simple as watching YouTube videos can be mildly difficult because there's so much ignorance and spite in the comments. I can't stand seeing people attack other people like that for no reason.

I have Cancer rising in my progressed chart, but I don't think that matters, right?

BigLuna

I've come across many people with 12th house placements (not necessarily the Moon) that are vivid, lucid dreamers. They can recall their dreams with great accuracy, as though they were real. I do find them to be very sensitive people, and sensitive people (in general) are better able to pick up clues about other people.

I do see correlations between ruling planets and signs; not so much with signs and houses unless it's the natural wheel, of course. For example, Pisces on the ascendant doesn't make you more like an Aries or Martian, which is associated with the first house.

Razzberry

Big Luna, I think that's right, too, Moon in 12th definitely gives a psychic bent, I know someone who has this.

As for Moon trine Uranus, definitely!

I hear you on the sensitivity to negativity, I do not watch news anymore and am so much more happy. People like us truly are super sensitive and must treat ourselves as such.

LovelyMissAries

I've come across many people with 12th house placements (not necessarily the Moon) that are vivid, lucid dreamers. They can recall their dreams with great accuracy, as though they were real. I do find them to be very sensitive people, and sensitive people (in general) are better able to pick up clues about other people.

I do see correlations between ruling planets and signs; not so much with signs and houses unless it's the natural wheel, of course. For example, Pisces on the ascendant doesn't make you more like an Aries or Martian, which is associated with the first house.

If I could draw (which I can but not at expert level!) I'd be able to draw my dreams in great detail. I always wondered why they came to me in such vivid form and yet their symbolism made no sense to me.

I suppose my next question now is this: is there a way to shut this aspect off? I also have Moon trine Saturn, and a stellium in the 11th house however it feels like my emotions and whatnot override all of this. I'm constantly speaking in "I feel" terms.

BigLuna

I suppose my next question now is this: is there a way to shut this aspect off? I also have Moon trine Saturn, and a stellium in the 11th house however it feels like my emotions and whatnot override all of this. I'm constantly speaking in "I feel" terms.

Do you really want to shut it off or would you rather be in control of it? Shutting down a gift has the potential to make you feel empty. One day you might miss it. It's easier to shut down than to reopen.

Neptune trine Moon sounds lovely to me, very sensitive and compassionate. Try to distinguish between fear-based, emotional responses and non-emotional intuitive responses. The non-emotional responses can be very helpful guides. Does that make sense?

Minderwiz

If you are psychic, you should investigate ways of 'shutting down' or 'closing down', so that you are not constantly open to such 'feelings'. This is not to remove it entirely but to learn how to 'switch it off' and 'switch it on' as you need it. All the psychics I know, and those include one very famous one, have learnt to do this fairly early on in their careers.

BigLuna said:

You are quite right, Pisces as an Ascendant doesn't make you more like Aries or Martian. The association of signs and houses you refer to is positional or ordinal. Aries is the first sign and the Ascendant is the first house - the connection is being first, not being similar.

The twelfth house point throws up something of an issue. If an Astrologer uses the 10 modern planets, plus Chiron and possibly and Asteroid or two, there's a very good chance of having a twelfth House placement (I have two, plus Saturn just on the twelfth side of the Ascendant) so is everyone who has such a placement psychic or sensitive?

Now virtually all of the psychics I know, will argue that it's a latent power which everyone is born with, but most of us ignore or learn not to use at an early age. So in that sense, you are perfectly correct. The interesting thing is; is any planet in the twelfth enough or specific ones? For the record mine are Pluto, Mars and Saturn (though it's more first house given its conjunction with the Ascendant) Pluto and Mars are conjunct.

Now I actually am sensitive - in my case to the residual energies in buildings and places. I've had some significant experiences, in this respect - most notably in Central City, CO - so clearly your conclusion applies to me. I don't have any Neptune/Moon connection, though Neptune does aspect by sextile Mars.

My problem with this is that I thing you can find examples to support almost any signature that you care to advance but I very much doubt that it's possible to find one signature that all psychics share.

BigLuna

My problem with this is that I thing you can find examples to support almost any signature that you care to advance but I very much doubt that it's possible to find one signature that all psychics share.

I agree with you completely, Minderwiz. There are lots of different indicators, and people are sensitive in different ways.

One day maybe we'll be able to come up with an astrological formula that says "this planet aspecting that planet in this way posited in that sign in this house ALWAYS equals so and so." But it doesn't work like that, and the formula would have to be much more complex. Until we have those formulas, astrology will be held in low esteem by the world at large and laughed at by scientists. Yet, here we are, knowing that it works.

It's why I can only say "I've come across many people..." instead of "everyone."