Crystals for Temper

Labhraín

What crystals and/or stones are beneficial for a short temper? I had posted a thread a while back on this subject, but received no replies. :( Perhaps I didn't word my inquiry in the best way, so I am hoping for some insight this time around. What do you use?

amethyst57

i've read blue or purple stones may help...blue lace agates, amethysts, etc......

Topaz71

Howlite.

"Howlite is an aid to insomnia, especially when caused by an overactive mind. Formulates ambitions and aids in achieving them. Howlite strengthens memory and stimulates desire for knowledge. It teaches patience and helps to eliminate rage, pain and stress. Calms communication, facilitates awareness and encourages emotional expression."

Labhraín

Blue and Purple Stones for temper

Blue and purple stones.....hmm.....that sounds interesting. Soothing colors do make sense.

Labhraín

Howlite for temper

Howlite.

"Howlite is an aid to insomnia, especially when caused by an overactive mind. Formulates ambitions and aids in achieving them. Howlite strengthens memory and stimulates desire for knowledge. It teaches patience and helps to eliminate rage, pain and stress. Calms communication, facilitates awareness and encourages emotional expression."

I never tried Howlite before. I actually don't have any. Maybe I'll get some.

poopsie

I also haven't tried howlite but I will look for one. So far, what is helping a friend of mine is the amethyst. In my case, I often sleep with the Lapiz Lazuli and it calms me down.

Labhraín

i've read blue or purple stones may help...blue lace agates, amethysts, etc......

If you are wearing a blue or purple stone for temper, does it follow that you must wear a balancing stone?

Labhraín

I also haven't tried howlite but I will look for one. So far, what is helping a friend of mine is the amethyst. In my case, I often sleep with the Lapiz Lazuli and it calms me down.

Today, I actually just pulled out from my jewelry box, a 3ct oval shaped amethyst pendant set in sterling silver. Maybe I should start wearing that more often. I don't know if I can sleep with amethyst under my pillow, though. I tried once a long time ago and it seemed to give me too many crazy marathon dreams. Maybe it was the amethyst stone, maybe not. The only way to see if it was is to give it another test try and see if it was the amethyst and if it works. Never tried putting lapis under my pillow. I do have a lapis ring and a small tumbled stone.

dicey

Come to think of it, I've started getting a lot of crazy but "realistic" marathon dreams.

For more than a week or two, after I read that amethysts are good for curing insomnia, I've placed it under my pillow. After that, I've been getting a lot of dreams which is odd since most of the time I usually have dreamless sleeps. Now, I've been getting weird dreams about my former classmates, my former boss, my mother-in-law... they're too reality based. Something I have never experienced dreaming before for successive nights.

Maybe it is the amethyst.... I've also been keeping a rose quartz heart under the pillow. I should figure out which of them is causing this.

Do we have anyone else having weird dreams with amethyst too?

Labhraín

I have read other posts here on other threads about the same effect with amethyst. I still wonder if wearing just a purple or blue stone along would cause things to be too much on the other side of the spectrum. If one wears a cooling color for temper, should you pair it with garnet or citrine or something warming. Does there always have to be a balance or some sort of combination?